Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#236739 11/05/06 05:55 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey, D8A, I am also a Christian and have even done missionary work. Maybe what you say is true, but I'm like Sue - If it hadn't happened to me, I wouldn't believe it. But don't call people ignorant, because you haven't encountered such things. And don't automatically assume it's demonic spirits. There are many things that can't be explained. Some of the 'ghosts' that people have encountered have been nice and have done kind things. Demons don't do that - period. They wonder the earth seeking whom they may devour, and yes, they use deception, but they aren't going to do things that would cause the faith of a Christian believer to increase. Perhaps those beings that do kind things are angels. Whatever these beings are, they do in fact exist. If, as you say, that
simple demonic spirits trying to confuse and prey upon the ignorant.
then why have many godly people encountered such things when they most certainly aren't ignorant? For a while, my cousin, who has a master's in theology and so definitely isn't ignorant, was living with us. He didn't believe either until he encountered Mr. Brown.

You said:
Hebrews 9:27 states that it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this is the judgment.
The final judgement doesn't happen until Christ's return. And guess what? My church (and others) teach that the other plane of existence occupies the same space that we do. So who's to say we can't sometimes see the spirits of the dead who are awaiting the final judgment?

D8A, I sincerely hope that you don't one day encounter the unexplainable.... <Giggles>

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#236740 11/05/06 10:40 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I believe in ghosts, though I couldn't tell you I've had anything resembling Sue's or Roo's experiences/tales. I just... feel them sometimes. I'm afraid of the dark like there's no tomorrow, though I'm getting better about it. In one of the apartments I lived in, a few years ago, I *never* went into the kitchen at night because it creeped me out too much. Even if I were brave enough sometimes to reach for the lightswitch.

A friend of mine is supposedly psychic, and says she saw a 'guardian' type ghost at a cemetary when she was 6 or 7, as well as her boyfriend's deceased grandfather last year. I'm not sure if I believe she's seen them, but I do believe ghosts are real.

I'm also a coward and already regretting opening this thread so late at night. I'm sleeping with the light on tonight... <g>

Julie smile

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
#236741 11/06/06 07:22 AM
Kerth
Kerth
I'm afraid I'm firmly in the non-believer's camp on this one - the human mind has an immense capacity for self-deception, and I've never yet had reason to believe that any supernatural phenomenon is more than that.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#236742 11/06/06 02:43 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
immense capacity for self-deception
I agree, but I couldn't have worded it better than that. For some reason I really like that part!

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard