Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#236517 08/27/06 04:28 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Originally posted by YConnell:
Good God! I never knew I had such a varied and full presence on the web.

. . .

(still shellshocked by how much you can find about her using google)
You mean everyone doesn't Google themselves every so often just to see what's out there? wink

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#236518 08/27/06 01:22 PM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Turned 18 this May, so 15-19 for me.

Paul - you've got the dates and post results switched. The one with the two questions was posted in September, and the other one in December.

Rivka:

You mean everyone doesn't Google themselves every so often just to see what's out there?
I do. And always get links to fics I've written. *shrug*

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#236519 08/29/06 02:57 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I find it odd that so many people like LnC and not Superman. What ever drew you to LnC in the first place?

Well, I guess I must be one of the odd ones because I've been a Supes fan since I was a little girl! I'm a fan of the comics and I have watched all the various TV series although I gotta say The Superboy series was just totally bizarre.

I will say that while the Superman movies were fantastic because they brought Superman to the big screen, I always hated the dorky Clark because he never was that dorky in the comics or The Adventures of Superman (George Reeves).

I'll also admit that I was pretty upset when Dean Cain was cast as Clark Kent because he didn't 'look' like Clark Kent / Superman. But his charm and sweetness and sexiness won me over. In my mind though, Superman will always have pretty blue eyes.

And it seems I'm old enough to be DJ's mom - yikes!! And most of the rest of y'all's mom for that matter.... I'm 47.

I guess I'm lucky though - very few gray hairs!!

Well, Yvonne, I guess when we get older we don't really care as much, eh? I used to hide my real name, my town, my age etc. And because of that after taking a break from the boards, I don't remember who I used to be. Wait, maybe I still don't remember who I am....

Amen, Crazy_Babe, I put in another post somewhere if they don't get Lois and Clark together before the end of that show (Smallville), I may have to choke a producer. Some producers they are - they didn't even know Annette What's Her Name (Martha Kent) played Lana in Superman 3 (Sorry, I can't remember her last name) until she told them. And Crazy_Babe, you are so funny - I've got tapes older than you... (and they work)

When I first found this site, there wasn't any Google....

I keep hoping maybe the Sci-Fi station here will pick up LnC.

I've only Googled myself once and I found a great, great dead aunt... does that count?

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#236520 08/29/06 08:33 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
It seemed to me that many people cited the simplicity of the Superman character (as just Superman not Clark Kent-as Superman)as the main factor in their not liking Superman. I personally have no problem liking both, I don't necessary feel that I have to subscribe to the prevalent view of Superman in the movies. In fact, I think they're more ambiguous than people give them credit for. In Superman II one of the more heartwarming scenes for me is when Superman takes Lois to the Fortress of Solitude and she says "Wow so this is where you live" and he replied, "No, actually I live three blocks from you."

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
#236521 08/30/06 10:15 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
24 here smile

Amanda

"Don't fall for me farm boy, I don't have time for it." LL
#236522 08/30/06 10:15 AM
Blogger
Blogger
I turned 20 in May, and yet I still think I'm 18. Though, that is slowly changing. I just started my Junior year of college so the added responsibility is helping me feel a little closer to 19! wink

I've been a fan of L&C since I was 7. My parents watched the show and us kids sat down with them. It was one of my favorite family activities. Of course, once season 4 began airing, my parents stopped allowing us to watch it. The kissing got to be a bit much for kids, in their opinion. :rolleyes: goofy I was so excited when I found out L&C was coming out on DVD. Now, when I watch it, it feels like coming home. I remember all the times I watched it while leaning against my Mom and Dad's legs.

I'm looking forward to season 4. I'm old enough to watch it, now! laugh

Jen

Wash: Everything looks good from here...Yes. Yes, this is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... "This Land." I think we should call it "your grave!" Ah, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal! Ha ha HA! Mine is an evil laugh! Now die!
#236523 08/30/06 03:06 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ah, Foxy-J, that's so sweet. It reminds me of watching Batman as a kid. Then I watched as an adult and noticed all that sexual innuendo. I imagine you have noticed the same with LnC.

#236524 09/03/06 02:16 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'm 22

I startet watching the series at the age of 9, because I loved the movies especially the second smile1 but I hated the fact that Clark made Lois forget all smile1

After the season 4 I really hoped for a fifth but there wasn't one. I couldn't believe that this had to end with such a cliffhanger confused

Last year I got my own Computer with Internet and Google helped me to find this messageboard laugh

Feel free to correct me I know my english is very bad my last English lesson was 6 years ago goofy

Kathryn
#236525 09/09/06 05:15 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I'm 15 drool You people make me feel young :p

Is there anyone younger?

-Lois14-

God , I love irony! oh, super..

Clark: Good morning Lois.
Lois: You’re late.
Clark: Good morning Clark.
#236526 09/09/06 03:11 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm one of the 30-somethings and obviously I'm not keeping track of things since I didn't notice this poll til tonight laugh

I find it odd that so many people like LnC and not Superman. What ever drew you to LnC in the first place?
Not much laugh Before getting hooked on L&C, I had enjoyed the Superman movies, and I was broadly familiar with the canon, but I didn't much care. My husband was a Superman fan, and *he's* the one who started watching L&C. I just rolled my eyes and did other things. Then I accidentally saw the last third or so of "Tempus Fugitive" and was totally hooked. Romance? Revelation?? Count me in for that...

These days, I don't like "Superman" in general. The movies annoy me -- I used to like Superman II, but now it drives me nuts. Okay, so Lois is in love with Superman and can barely stand Clark. So when she finds out they're the same... he turns into Clark full time? goofy If you dress up the Kerths or Season 6 the right way, it looks like a pretty cool achievement.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#236527 09/09/06 04:01 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A fanfic Kerth surely has to look pretty good!!

#236528 09/11/06 06:49 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
On October 8, I turn 18! smile1 smile1

Lois Lane: Danger is my business!
#236529 09/11/06 03:27 PM
MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
A fanfic Kerth surely has to look pretty good!!
Well, it is a resume so... what about 'Award Winning Author' laugh

As for age... I'm between 40-45... but I can usually only figure out the exact year by using my fingers and working out the dates. Unfortunately, I've run out of fingers laugh

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
#236530 09/12/06 09:30 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Originally posted by LoisLane2:
On October 8, I turn 18! smile1 smile1
Yay! Access to the nfic!! Finally!! goofy

I love the smell of fear in the newsroom.
#236531 09/12/06 06:57 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Selinde-

Yeah, I can't wait!!! :p laugh

#236532 09/13/06 12:27 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, LoisLane2, hello. Where ever have you been?

#236533 09/15/06 12:37 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by Classicalla:
Well, LoisLane2, hello. Where ever have you been?
What do you mean, Classicalla?

#236534 09/16/06 08:17 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I haven't seen you post recently - not since you wrote a couple of paragraphs for the round robin. By the way, it's been edited and posted in entirety on both boards.

From Strange Revelations:

We... are.... off to see the Wizard, the wonderful wizard of Id, of Oz, of Ozzie, the Osmonds, and Pepsi and Granny 'cause she's the Wiz. And Elvis and Piggy's, and Toc, and Doc, and DJ, and Classic and Metro, too. We're off to see the Wizard because she's on the yellow brick road. And Two she wrote a paragraph or two, you see, she's on the road. And on the road we dance and sing and write and draw and sing. And sing and write and say to you, we're on the road to Utopia. Because, because, because, because the road is yellow you see. Around and 'round Hobb's Bay we go, we're on the road to Utopia. A Fudge Castle here, a Double Crunch Bar there, coffee here, and instant water there. We're on the road to see it all, we're on the road, we're on the road. We're on the road, we're on the road, the Wizard for to see. We're on the road, we're on the road, Utopia is always the goal. We're off to see the Wizard every day, you see. We... are... off to see the Wizard, the wonderful....."
And you really can sing it!!!

#236535 09/16/06 10:26 AM
Columnist
Columnist
I am 25. Fan of L & C since I am 15.

#236536 09/16/06 03:01 PM
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
Originally posted by Julie S:
Turning 17 and 12 months in a couple of weeks. (I can't even bring myself to say the total).

And I realise I probably get no sympathy from anyone older than me. <g>
Try turning 40 in 3 months!!!

But for now I am firmly holding onto that 34-39 bracket.

:rolleyes:

Anne >^,,^<

"I only know how to make four things, and this is the only one without chocolate." Lois Lane "All My I've Got a Crush on You 10/24/1993
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard