A
24 here, but I won't be much longer smile

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.
#236498 08/23/06 12:21 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
25, but younger for ones and older for others.

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
#236499 08/23/06 02:19 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Well I just turned 25 at the beginning of August so I just barely ended up in my age bracket.

Funny, most Superman fans I know don't like L&C, and vice versa......
As for me I liked the superman movies but they are never going to be as good as L&C was.

Lois: You think we'll be together when we get old and gray.
Clark: I sure hope so because I don't think I could go on living if living is without you.
#236500 08/23/06 02:42 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
27 until December. smile

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
#236501 08/23/06 03:39 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
A fledgling seventeen- still have to think to remember it. But I've been in lurkdom since oh, about 11. I remember when I learned there was fanfic in the world. My brother was watching L&C tapes when I walked in the room. When I kept begging him to find more tapes for me, he told me that people wrote something called fanfic on favorite tv shows and movies. laugh

Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he is supposed to be doing at that moment. ~Robert Benchley
#236502 08/24/06 03:17 AM
C
Kerth
Online Content
Kerth
C
I'm 23 in Novemeber. I've never worried about being old since I sit in the middle to in terms of my friends some older than me and some younger. I think it doesn't matter how old you are it's what in the heart that counts. As for watching L&C I was around 8 or 9 when it first aired and of course about 13 or 14 when it ended. I only discovered the fanfic sites by chance when I first got the Internet, I did a random search wondering if I could find any information o L&C it amazed me that most of my friends weren't huge fans of the so (I still get Clark belongs with Lana stuff because my friends only real connection to the whole Superman story is through watching Smallville, but I've grown tired of telling them that from the very beginning of the re-vamp of the comics as well as the airing of Lois and Clark that it's L&C that belong together and NOT Clark and Lana). I was so happy to find out that worldwide there were people who loved L&C as much as I did. Since there was no real re-run of the show here on free to air TV, I had to wait (im)patiently for 10 years to have it on DVD all the while watching what was left of my tapes of S3 and hoping that they would hold out. Lucky for me S1 and S2 came out on DVD by the time my last move caused me to lose what was left of my S3 eps on tape. Thank goodness that we'll have all 4 seasons by the end of the year. smile

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
#236503 08/24/06 04:56 AM
Kerth
Kerth
All these twenty-somethings - I'm starting to feel old... change mine to read "28" instead. That's about how old I actually feel. Although there are some who would argue you could shave another fifteen years off that figure and have how old I act. :p

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
#236504 08/24/06 05:58 AM
J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
34 here, and not ashamed of it!

I almost voted for my 4 year old--we've been watching s1-s3 almost night (1 ep/night); and she's constantly asking for Superman. Although the glasses never fooled her!

Julie - which is my real name, too! smile (Jo and Murf were just always childhood nicks)

#236505 08/24/06 03:52 PM
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Well, officially I'm a senior citizen, but I've never felt like one. I was 58 on my last birthday. This year I went to Hawaii, went snuba diving (that's a combo of scuba and snorkeling) parasailed, hiked up a volcano, flew over Pele's Fountain in a small plane and attended two luaus. I still have the intention of fulfilling a childhood dream of learning to waterski. I've been a lifeguard, have a green belt in Ju jitsu (that's judo before they cleaned it up and made it into a sport) and can take a fall with the best of them. I also married my ju jitsu instructor and have been happily married to him for 33 years. I work out at the gym whenever I can squeeze in the time, and am still working on my two fanfics when I can manage it -- all in between caring for a mother with alzheimers. I've had to slow down on my other activities because of that, but I haven't stopped them. If I did, I'd have to stop living, and that is something I refuse to do.

At what point do you officially become an adult? Don't ask me. I haven't gotten there yet. I'll let you know if I ever do.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
#236506 08/24/06 06:16 PM
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
27 in November... but I don't feel that old...

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

#236507 08/24/06 06:39 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Originally posted by YConnell:
Well, I'm 45, my real name is indeed Yvonne, and I don't care who knows it. laugh

Interesting that we're short on 30-somethings. Is that because they're all too busy raising young families, or just because they're having more fun elsewhere?
I killed off the competition.

Yvonne, I didn't know you sing! cool

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#236508 08/25/06 05:08 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
/me wonders how on earth Rivka figured out I sing just from my age and name.

Oh! Must be from my profile, yes?

Yvonne

#236509 08/25/06 09:16 AM
M
Blogger
Blogger
M
Heh, am I the only 15-year old here?
Makes me wonder if I should get some more "normal" interests like parties and alcohol, the kind of things that most girls at my age think is fun...

Naaah, I'm a not-getting-exited-by-doing-bad-things kind of person.
Going to bed now, it's getting late. laugh

/Mona

#236510 08/25/06 02:55 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Originally posted by YConnell:
/me wonders how on earth Rivka figured out I sing just from my age and name.

Oh! Must be from my profile, yes?
Nope. Although that certainly WOULD have been simpler! *laughs at self* Did that used to be in your profile? (Hmm. Mine isn't current. Must fix that.)

Google is a marvelous thing. Even found a pic of you.

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#236511 08/25/06 03:36 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Google is a marvelous thing. Even found a pic of you.
I got curious based on this statement and followed rivka's lead. I love that the link I followed mentioned your love for Lois & Clark, Yvonne. Even though they called it "the old Superman tv series." wink

Chris
"Superman is a guy who's seen wonders we'll never see and Lois is to him, one of those wonders."
#236512 08/26/06 12:37 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
I onwy fwee yeahs old. wink

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#236513 08/26/06 03:40 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Good God! I never knew I had such a varied and full presence on the web. Yikes! I'm on the BBC website! Our old work website is still operational! /me makes mental note to get rid of that.

Even though they called it "the old Superman tv series
"they" is me, actually. wink I called it 'old' in the sense that it's not on mainstream TV in the UK any longer.

Yvonne
(still shellshocked by how much you can find about her using google)

#236514 08/26/06 06:14 AM
C
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
C
SueS. wrote:

37 - I had to think about it, my bday was earlier this summer and it takes me a few months to make the switch mentally.
I laughed at this, Sue, because I'll be 37 this fall, and while traveling with my parents this past week, I had to ask my Mom how old I was going to be - and then SHE had to do the math to figure it out! I was pretty sure it was either 37 or 38, but really, it quit mattering a few years ago.

Yvonne wrote:
Interesting that we're short on 30-somethings. Is that because they're all too busy raising young families, or just because they're having more fun elsewhere?
I noticed this as well but don't know the answer. I'm busy raising a young family but still find time to scribble here and there, and I've had many fandom friends in my own age range. However, one of the things I've always enjoyed about fandom is that I encounter such a diverse group of people - people I'd never cross paths with in real life. My RL friends are wonderful and I love them dearly, but they tend to be pretty much in the same place in life that I am. It's such fun to meet people who are older or younger or from other countries or with completely different backgrounds. It's one of fandom's greatest attractions for me.

Love polls like these!

Caroline

#236515 08/26/06 11:29 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh, my age group has finally tied with the previously leading one in the poll. Nifty. wink

"they" is me, actually. I called it 'old' in the sense that it's not on mainstream TV in the UK any longer.
I figured. Though one of my UK-based friends is getting his love for the series resurrected via daily reruns of S1 that began airing last month, I think.

However, one of the things I've always enjoyed about fandom is that I encounter such a diverse group of people - people I'd never cross paths with in real life. My RL friends are wonderful and I love them dearly, but they tend to be pretty much in the same place in life that I am. It's such fun to meet people who are older or younger or from other countries or with completely different backgrounds. It's one of fandom's greatest attractions for me.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Chris
"Superman is a guy who's seen wonders we'll never see and Lois is to him, one of those wonders."
#236516 08/26/06 09:28 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard