Print Thread
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Last year's Alt Kerth Awards included a category for trailers for the very first time, as they'd been a new development since the previous awards. This year, as most of you may have noticed, the trailer "industry" has exploded with activity. There are over 30 trailers eligible for this year's Alt Kerth Awards! eek

Which brings us to our dilemma and the reason for this poll:

We currently only have a "Best Overall Trailer" category. With the sheer volume of trailers, not to mention the immense talent and creativity put into them, it seems unfair to only have one category.

Why not just make another category or two, you ask?

Well, unfortunately, it's not that simple. It's easy for me, someone who's very familiar with vidding and trailer making, to nominate trailers for something like "Best Clip & Sound Editing," but I'm not sure if it is for everyone else.

Take the poll to let us know your opinion. And if you have any suggestions or comments at all, please post!

Sara & the Alt Kerth Committee

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Okay, I'll be the first to admit to needing clarification on the third category: Best Clip and Audio Editing.

I like the first two categories. Now clip and audio editing, I'm a little confused on. Does that just mean that the clips flow into each other without hiccups and the audio matches (as in lipsync)? Does that include image quality of the clips used (as in not blurry and so forth) or does it extend further?

I'm no vidder, but I feel all those trailers deserve a few more chances at an award. If you just make a brief definition like they do with each category for the Kerths, I think we'll catch on. I definitely think most of us can tell a good video from a bad, just like you don't have to be a grammar expert to know if a story is well-written. Great poll smile

**~~**

Swoosh --->
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
One thing I note is that these are all technical categories. And I'm just wondering - would there be possibilities in having theme categories? Best Dramatic Trailer? Best Comedy Trailer? Best Tearjerker?

Or aren't there enough examples in these areas to merit these distinctions? Wouldn't necessarily have to be any of the above of course - I'm sure someone could think of other styles which might have a bigger pool of nominees. But it might be the case that the numbers don't add up for this idea to be viable.

Just a thought.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Labby's idea sounds like it has potential... but if there's going to be, say, a "Best Dramatic Trailer", then there must also be a "Best Comedic Trailer" and a "Best Angsty Trailer" and we could end up with several categories, which I think is a little too much, given the fact that there are only a little more than 30 trailers available.

You know what I think? There could be two trailer categories: one for the trailer that matches best the story it advertizes, and one for the best trailer overall.

Or, how about 'Most Intriguing Trailer'?

Just a couple of thoughts.
See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
You could maybe try simply: best technique, best concept, and best overall.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I vote for Aria's idea. laugh

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard