Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#236222 03/10/06 12:54 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
As you probably know, a fundraiser DVD is in preparation as a way of gathering together funds to help pay for the wonderful facilities we FoLCs enjoy - ie these boards, the Kerths website, FoLC Video, Annesplace, and the Alt-Kerths website. Lots of authors, video makers and graphic artists have made contributions, and we think it's shaping up to be a wonderful goodybag of L&C creativity. There's more information here.

We'd like to get some idea of how many FoLCs might be interested in receiving a copy of the DVD, which will be sent to anyone who makes a fundraiser contribution over a certain amount - probably around $15.

#236223 03/10/06 02:54 PM
MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
I have a question here. There was talk at one time of having everything posted on a site where, once people made a contribution, they could get the password. Is this question about which people would prefer? Or is that idea now no longer under consideration?

wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
#236224 03/10/06 03:06 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
We're still thinking about that - actually, we probably should have remembered to put that in the poll. Really, we were thinking of that option where postage costs would just be prohibitive.

Maybe, for now, if anyone is thinking they'd like the download option you could vote YES to the DVD and post to say that's what you'd prefer given the choice?

(Though we're going to have some very nice graphics for the DVD cover and surface, courtesy of Anna wink ).

Wendy smile
Fundraiser Committee - PR Division

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#236225 03/10/06 05:18 PM
Columnist
Columnist
(Though we're going to have some very nice graphics for the DVD cover and surface, courtesy of Anna wink ).
Just to be fair and all wink I could make up a graphic for the site to match the ones on the DVD if people would like that. smile

~Anna

#236226 03/10/06 09:02 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ohmigosh. /me hides under a rock. I'm like the only person who voted no. How shameful. I just happen to be between jobs right now while I'm working on finishing up school and have ceased buying...anythig aside from apartment necessities. Like food. Toilet paper. But I hope it's sucessful! And I'll totally donate another time when I have income!

Jen
peep

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#236227 03/12/06 11:01 PM
P
Blogger
Blogger
P
I marked Rest of the World as I'm in Asia, but I thought I'd note that I prefer the downloading option for this.

#236228 03/13/06 02:34 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Well, I don't even own a DVD-player (would you believe it?) but I suppose I'll buy one in the future. And how can I not contribute to the continued running of this site???

Ann

Oh, by the way, Yvonne. If I don't live in the U.S., Canada, the UK, Europe, Australia or the rest of the world, where exactly could I live, then? On Krypton? laugh I see someone actually claims to live in this extremely mysterious place, not-U.S., not-Canada, not-UK, not-Europe and not-rest-of-the-world! Hey, mystery madam or sir! Would I love to know where you live! laugh And what's the postage of sending a DVD to your place of residence, I wonder?

#236229 03/14/06 08:37 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thanks for the fantastic response so far to this poll. smile It'll really help us plan how best to make and distribute the DVDs.

Ann, that last option was mostly tongue-in-cheek, although I do find that however comprehensive I think I've made the options in these polls, someone *always* finds an option I've missed out. laugh And yes, I, too, would like to meet the the Martian, or whatever planet it is they call home. laugh

Yvonne

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard