Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Again.

Donating, as in donating their work to the dvd. If someone has issues with this idea, anyone who has their name on that disc could be liable.
I think that's a shift from the previous point you were making, DS, rather than the same one, but let me address this one too:

Is there a risk there? Absolutely! Just as there is in every single area of fandom that everyone involved in fandoms practises daily. No more, no less than that. Strictly speaking, we could incur the wrath of the great exec gods by writing fanfic, by posting pictures from the show, by letting people know where they can dl episodes, by making music videos, by quoting dialogue in the Hangman game...the list is endless.

Most of us are fandom veterans, we've been involved in more than one fandom for many years, in some cases for decades. So you're not telling us anything we don't already know, DS. We know how it all hangs together, the legal ins and outs, the risks, such as they are, that are taken every day and the line we walk - the way the world we operate in works. And, most especially, the way that our own particular fandom works. We're fully aware of any and all risks and are capable of using our experience in fandom to evaluate which ones we should be concerned about.

So, to reiterate Pam, many thanks for the warnings, but they're really unnecessary. We understand the point you've been making very clearly, but it's not something we feel we need to worry about at this time.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Question:

Will there be a topic set up in Folc productions so that video makers/trailer makers can help eachother out with songs or clips for this project?

I love the ideas I am reading about...amazing what happens when Folcs put their heads together. wink

~Lois Lane Wanna Be

"Live with intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen Hard.
Practice wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regret.
Continue to learn.
Appreciate your friends.
Do what you love.
Live as if this is all there is."
~Mary Anne Radmacher
Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hey LLWB,

The best way to handle that would be for you - or anyone else who needs clips or other material - to start a topic yourself when you know what you need. Just list the clips you want and ask if anyone can help you. FoLCs are wonderful and I know they'll come through, especially for this project.

I have access to all of the episodes in AVI format, so if I have time at the point at which you ask I could probably help you.

And, yes, isn't it wonderful? We're getting so many excellent ideas and so many people volunteering to help out. We're really excited about it! jump

Wendy smile
Fundraising Committee - PR Division wink

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard