Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Features Writer
Features Writer
I saw the preview ads during the summer of 1993, and was curious. Thinking back, I'm pretty sure that we watched "Seaquest" at my husband's request, so we probably watched that while I taped L&C to watch later. (Which probably means that I actually had recorded that "What I Did on my Summer Vacation" feature, but that tape is long gone. wallbash )

I enjoyed it. I thought Dean was very good-looking. smile I was a big fan of the first two Superman movies, but definitely liked this new take on the myth.

But I didn't keep watching. I really don't remember why, but I'm going to blame my husband (I think we watched a few more "Seaquest" episodes) and my 1-year-old son, who was a night owl and didn't go to bed until 9pm, which sometimes made regular TV viewing a bit erratic.

I do remember seeing an ad for HoL, and being horrified at the thought of Lois marrying Lex. Yes, this incarnation of Lex was handsome and debonair and definitely attractive, but the entire idea just seemed...wrong. I don't think I watched the episode, nor any others to follow, and I just kind of forgot about the show. wallbash

Fast forward to 2001. Idle channel surfing one morning found me on TNT and at some point during Tempus Fugitive. Who was this "gorgeous" guy in glasses? Wow. And I love time travel stories. So I sat there, mesmerized, and watched the rest. laugh

I can't say that I saw every single episode after that, but I saw enough to quickly send me net-surfing for more information about the show, and I was ready with my VCR to start taping as soon as Season 1 rolled around again.

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Features Writer
Features Writer
Originally posted by KSaraSara:
(It later came to pass that I'd *lock* my door while watching and not even open it when someone had the bad sense to knock. "But, Sara, Rebecca's on the phone."... "I don't care, she should know better than to call right now!" Yeesh! I was nice, wasn't I? :p )
That reminds me of myself. Instead of locking myself in my room (cause I didn't have a tv at the time), I'd hang up on my friends who'd call me when it was on. If one of my friends forgot and called me, I'd barely say a word cause I was mesmorized at the tv screen! Then they'd realize it was Lois & Clark time and they'd apologize profusely and call me after the show was over. laugh

I knew this show was going to mean a lot to me because I also watched ALL of the reruns each season during the summer. No other show has gotten me to do that yet and I'm not sure if any other show will ever do that.

Blogger
Blogger
Here's my L&C obsession story. I started watching with the Pilot in 1993. I was only 13, but remember that I knew I didn't want to miss any of the show. My mom, brother, and me watched every Sunday with a bowl of popcorn. It became a 4 year tradition in our house! We recorded every episode because we watched it after church, but sadly I only have a few episodes left from when they originally aired. Now I'm waiting for the rest of the seasons to come out on DVD!

Clark: I have loved you from the beginning.
Lois: And I'll love you till the end.

My 4 Year Old Cousin: "Why is Superman wearing glasses?"
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tank said...

It wasn't until I discovered the reruns on TNT simultaneously with the acquisition of the internet at work, that I became a 'folc'. I really got hooked on the reruns of the series and began to really obsess about the show. I began to tape it at about the third run through
And I am ever so happy with you for this!!

notworthy notworthy notworthy hail

TEEEEEJ

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well my story is similar to Tanks. I started watching the show I think in 1997 on TNT. I think the by the time I saw the ep where Lois finds out Clark is Superman, that was the one when I knew I was hooked. I could not wait to see then next ep and I also started taping them.

I remember seeing commercials for the show before it aired, but I thought that it was for kids. Although I thought the guy in the Superman tights was kind of cute. I never watched the show. He should have looked familiar to me since I was a 90210 fan. He was Rick on a few eps and I remember back then thinking he was really cute and that I should remember his name. I didn't.

Back in 1996 I saw Dean at the Air and Space Museum in Washington DC. I had no idea who he was but I thought he was the most beautiful man I had ever seen. My girlfriend and I sat a distance away and stared. I said to her, he looks familiar. Maybe he is a politician or a model. I said to her a little later that he looked a little like the guy who played Superman but better looking. She said if it is him, his name is Dean Cain. Well later on the loud speaker they said Superman is in the house. So we then knew that he was indeed the guy who played Superman.<g>

I didn't catch the show until about a year later when Tool Time had switched times and the show they put in its place I didn't like. So I changed channels and there he was; Superman Dean Cain. I though,'hey there is that gorgeous man I saw in Washington DC!' And that is how I got started.

Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I saw the pilot that is on the DVD as a two hour summer special on ABC in 1993. Then when the series started, I saw the edited pilot and the series in the order shown. I didn't realize they were out of order until I came to the boards and then found an episode guide. Since there were no titles on the broadcast episodes, I made up my own titles to recognize them by. When I get some time I'll dig out my old tapes and list the titles I used and have you all guess the episode. No time to do it now.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
I saw the pilot when it first aired, I was however about 8 or 9 and hadn't really been all that interested in the Superman story. However, I had watched the movie prior to watching Lois and Clark. Even so I did watch it on and off up until the end of Season 2 though I did watch the majority of the episodes. I'd say I was really hooked after Individual Responsibiity in Season 2. When Lois and Clark changed networks the pilot was aired again and well by then I was 13 and well seeing a shirtless Dean Cain did set the heartbeat racing! :p drool

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard