K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
I'm SO excited for this year's Kerths!!!! So excited!! smile1 hyper

Sara hyper

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
25% newbies! WTG guys and WELCOME. Beware the fast scroll and remember to log on to both #Kerthchat and #Kerthawards. If you find yourself there alone, log off and try another undernet server. Usually there is warm up in the channel an hour or more before the ceremony. And don't forget the sounds! They are very important. The run up will have sounds and you can tell if your sounds are enabled. If they aren't, someone will tell you how to fix that.
See you there!
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
I needed an "other" option for both! I might not be able to attend the Kerths because I didn't realize my cousin's wedding shower is on Saturday afternoon over an hour away from my house and I have no idea when I will get back. Hopefully I'll be there for part of the ceremony at least. Maybe since my mom can't go, I might be able to slip out early and get to the ceremony after all!

As to being an old timer. I have nominated and voted in every Kerth awards since the beginning, but I only just started going on IRC last year, so that was my firs online awards ceremony smile .

- Laura

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, I haven't been to every single Kerth ceremony, but I've been to more than 2 or 3.

Unfortunately, this year, once again, Kerth night will coincide with moving day. I'm really hoping to attend (especially as I'm slated to present...), but I'll be logging in from a moving car using a slow and somewhat shaky cell phone connection. (At least it'll be on a weekend, so I don't have to worry about using up minutes.) It worked last year, and I'm crossing my fingers for this year.

Even if things do work out, though, I'll probably run out of battery power about halfway through. At least, if all goes well, I'll be there for the first half. Really looking forward to it!

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Merriwether
Merriwether
Like Laura, I needed another option. I won't be there and wasn't last year, but it's not for either of the reasons listed.

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
It'll be my second Kerths award ceremony. I nominated and voted last year, but only voted this year. I didn't read enough fics to feel comfortable nominating and had a last minute rush of reading before voting with ten minutes to spare.

I had a lot of fun last year and hope to be able to make it this year. I should be there for at least the early part, but a prior commitment may make it difficult to stay for the last part.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Top Banana
Top Banana
I needed more options!!

This is my second year being around during the Kerths. And my second year not being able to attend.

Not due to lack of interest! Good grief, no. But due to really bad timing on my part. This year, while you guys are all dressed to the nines, sipping punch, and mingling, I'll be on a camp-out with a class of fourth graders studying reptiles, marshes, and other slithery, slimy things.

Yeah. I don't know. When they asked me in the Fall, it sounded like a great idea. But I leave this afternoon, and now I'm not sure there's enough insect repellent on the planet.

Sigh. Where was *that* option, Wendy?

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yup, I needed 'other' too. I would attend if I could, but my parents are visiting me so I can't. frown Also, I've been to most of the other ceremonies, but I know I missed at least one.

Yvonne

Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Yeah, sorry, guys - I should have included an option for 'really, really want to be there, but have another commitment I can't get out of. Can't you move it to a time when I can attend?' sad Sorry, Yvonne and CC! We'll miss you!

Wendy smile (who hasn't missed a Kerths yet apart from the first, in which I voted but hadn't yet discovered IRC)

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Features Writer
Features Writer
First time ever!!! hyper

Just worried about the time difference. :rolleyes:

Anyway... let's get ready for the party

MDL. laugh

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
Merriwether
Merriwether
I'll be there again this year. I'm looking forward to it as usual. laugh And I'm sure I'll be in both channels quite early for the pre-show party. wink

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Merriwether
Merriwether
My option for both was I don't use IRC so I won't be there. I don't have the time to figure out IRC. frown Also, I never did get that new computer I've been wanting for over a year now, sigh. My computer will grumble and fart instead of getting IRC to wrok.

I also have to volunteer that night.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'll be there for the first time, if all goes well. I'm going to a friend's house about 90 minutes early to hook my laptop up there to their DSL, as the university firewall here seems to be blocking the necessary port/s. I think I have the basic idea of how to get on in my mind, and having already had some experience with chat commands similar or identical to IRC ones, I should be fine.

I'm excited--I didn't even know about the Archive until last December, but after reading all the eligible fics and being extremely organized about my nominating/voting, I'm eager to see how it'll all turn out. And just the experience is going to be fun--I've read a transcript of a previous year, but I think it'll be a lot more interesting actually being there! laugh

Don't point. You make holes in the air and the faeries escape.
Top Banana
Top Banana
To those of you who think you might have problems getting IRC to work, you might want to look at this thread.

Hope to see some new IRCers there!

Julie (Who is most DEFINITELY attending, for the second year now hyper )

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
I wish I could, but it's so late it makes it very unlikely. I hope to drop by for a while at the beginning, though, because I've never been in a Kerth Ceremony.

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I needed that extra 'other' category too.

If I'd seen the question a week ago, the answer would have been an emphatic no, I won't be there. However, circumstances change, and, as of this afternoon, I once again have internet access.

However, midnight is very late as a start time, and I really do need my beauty sleep. If I show up, it will only be for the beginning and, quite honestly, I doubt I'll even make that.

Have fun, everyone, though.

Chris

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
However, midnight is very late as a start time, and I really do need my beauty sleep. If I show up, it will only be for the beginning and, quite honestly, I doubt I'll even make that.
Yeah, we really needed a 'getting too old to stay up late' option. razz

Still, it's a long way to midnight - could be all perky, bright-eyed, and busy-tailed by that point, raring to party. laugh

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I have two words for you: afternoon nap. wink

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Had one of those. These days, they don't much help on tired days. wink I could sleep from now to Christmas and still wake up feeling as though I'd had insomnia for a year. :rolleyes:

LabRat smile (still awake though... <g>)

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard