Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#234065 08/23/04 12:38 PM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Don't you dare! I'm sure I'm not the only one here whose had their mornings brightened up by a MDL MLTV!
mecry Tears came to my eyes... Thank you Boss, notworthy .

I haven´t even thought someone actually noticed or cared that much about my insignificant MLTVs. This boosts my Muse to work more than ever. Thank you for all your great support.

MDL. (Still brushing her eyes.)

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
#234066 08/28/04 08:24 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Not as much as I used to be. <G> I used to be a nervous wreck every time I posted stuff. Not anymore. Say what you will about writing programs, but being forced to hand out copies of stories to thirty people for critique can do a lot for your confidience. Posting on the internet isn't as hard as it used to be, because, to be frank, I don't get as much hard criticism as I do in class or writers' group.

Of course, it also helps that I get more positive feedback than negative from class *and* writers' group, and some of these people are professionals... <G> As I continue to improve, I hope that one day I can publish as well, and that I never stop learning.

I don't think the nervousness or insecurity ever goes away. Even when you're confident about your work, it's still there when you set your story free on the world.

Laura

“Rules only make sense if they are both kept and broken. Breaking the rule is one way of observing it.”
--Thomas Moore

"Keep an open mind, I always say. Drives sensible people mad, I know, but what did we ever get from sensible people? Not poetry or art or music, that's for sure."
--Charles de Lint, Someplace to Be Flying
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard