Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#233998 08/14/04 07:50 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I like a little of both...dialogue and introspection. Really good authors for me...introspect (?) in new ways. They tell me something I may not have thought of before about, oh, the whole BatP fiasco or new thoughts on ToGoM. And I need my dialogue, too. I just finished reading When Friends Become Lovers today (for the 2000th time), and some of the lines just crack me up!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#233999 08/15/04 02:05 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
OH I need dialogue. I just don't like it when it is just that or most of it.

I just found two more stories I love!! This is making it soo hard to decide.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
#234000 08/16/04 12:31 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
I prefer writing and reading dialogues.

Some introspection is great so, you can get an idea about how the characters are feeling, but we all already know how they react in certain situations or how they think in some others...

Personally, as a writer, I have a major difficult creating intro... Scenes. I tend to be very objective.

MDL.

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
#234001 08/17/04 02:43 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I like dialog; it's usually the first part of a scene that comes to me. When it's clicking, I can hear those voices in my head wink

About introspection, I was thinking... I was taught in school that drama is all about conflict -- man vs. nature, man vs. man, or man vs. self. And introspection can be a scene of internal conflict, where the character thrashes out an issue and decides to change something. It's not always that, of course, but quite often it is.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard