Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
It has been such a long time since I don´t watch them on open TV here in Brazil. I have to survive on my old 10-year-old tapes and some of them are just ruined. Now, are you in the same situation? How many episodes do you have?

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
I only have 'The Family Hour'. But I've never watched it on purpose. When I feel like watching L&C, FH is not exactly my episode of choice frown
Besides, there are several eps I've never watched... whinging

AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Zero isn't an option? Years ago, I had all the episodes on tape, but I have long since gotten rid of them. I was maybe a sophmore I college when I threw them away. So, yeah, at least four years ago. They were horrible dust collectors. Plus, I have a policy that if I don't use something for a year, I get rid of it.

- Laura

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
That´s an idea. Get rid of them but my tapes are still working and I don´t see any life beyond that. rotflol I´m sorry I didn´t put zero as an option but at least I put less than 20 in which zero might be included. I´m sorry about that. frown I guess I just didn´t think someone can actually live without them. :rolleyes: My recent idea was to put them all in dvx but it is very expensive since i don´t have the equipment here and, i don´t want them doubled!!! Here in Brazil we didn´t have the original sound which sucks! I hope they get it on DVD soon.

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
Top Banana
Top Banana
All of them in two languages... how's that for obsessed? goofy

I very occasionally watch them again, mostly to get the feel for fanfic when I'm writing. And I really can't bring myself to throw away my old French tapes. huh

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Anna, don´t we have somewhere around here a place in which we actually can download the episodes? confused
Gee, that would be something!!! I just don´t have 5 episodes. Whine, Whine, Whine (because it didn´t come out in Brazil, I don´t know why) frown Lord of the Flys (my stupid sister recorded something on my tape) mad , Soul Mates (I was almost dying at the hospital- because of a sickness and because i couldn´t watch the first episode after they got married) eek , Oedipus Wrecks (i guess i overrecorded with Seconds-Stupid girl!) mecry

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Until I managed to get them on DVD (/me waves to very kind friend to did that for her), I used to have two full sets of all episodes. A SKY set and a BBC set.

The BBC cut the show to shreds each week, SKY (cable) didn't. Well, mostly. Except for one episode, Virtually Destroyed, where I think they swapped censors for a week.

Trusting SKY, I had absolutely no idea that they'd cut a chunk out of the episode and why a certain scene didn't really make much sense until I happened to catch the BBC version and all suddenly became clear. goofy Up to then every time I watched that episode I'd be frowning in puzzlement trying to work out what the producers had intended to mean. :rolleyes:

After that, I figured I needed to tape every episode from both channels, so I could be sure of getting a 'whole' episode and miss out on nothing. laugh

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
I have all the episodes on tape. I recorded them all several times from TNT to be sure that if something happened to one of them that I would have backups. Now that they're not showing anymore, I'm awfully glad I did.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
whinging

I will dance at your wedding for this favor, I swear.

TEEEEEEJ

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
What about me????
whinging

Top Banana
Top Banana
I have all the episodes on tape, and I recorded two times season 2-3-4 (Nan's same reason.
I have only translated version (I think italian voices of Clark and Lois are better than originals, but I'd like to have the original too!)

Simona smile

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I've got two sets, like Nan & Simona. My really, really old set has like 6-8 eps jammed on a single tape. My new set which I made from the airings on TNT have only 2 per tape. I've got them stored in a gigantic Rubbermaid container, so there's no dust! :p

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Anna, don´t we have somewhere around here a place in which we actually can download the episodes?
To my knowledge, no whinging You can only download them using WinMX or other sharing programs (provided that you'll find them), but if you're on dial-up like me it takes an eternity frown Which is why I haven't.

AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'll rent them, I'll pay for shipping....PLEEEEEZE!!!!!

TEEEEEEJ(obviously desperate to see this show again)

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I have a full set of eps from ABC and I think I have a full set from TNT, and dozens of copies. This has served me well, because I have one set just for watching, and another set for making videos (that I don't wear out by watching, so they can be preserved.)

I could not imagine not having the eps on tape! There have been times when I have gone for months or even a year without watching any L&C. But I got back into it recently and I'd forgotten how wonderful it is, how much I NEED these eps! You may not know what you're missing.

Molly
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You guys are just writing this stuff to tease me aren't you?

Look, the company I work for has a shipping address. Let me give you guys my website and anyone with heart and kindness enough to share can SEND me some EPS.

PLEEEEEEZE!!!!!

TEEEEEJ

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Uh-oh! eek TJ figured out what we were up to! Now what are we going to do?!?!?!?! Who here wants to torture her some more? Maybe someone should make that a new poll question... (just kidding). I'm not really that evil...or am I???

Top Banana
Top Banana
the first time I saw the Pilot episode I have seen the whole episode (many years ago); the second time I thought it was a wise thing to register it, but the "I said nine, I thought you'd be naked" scene is missing. SIGH!(n.b. it was another TV channel) I'm a little sorry, because I saw a so important scene only one time!
Is this happened to you, too? (btw, I think this is the only case of cutted scenes here in Italy)

Simona smile

P.S. yes, TJ we like torture you pooooor without-registered-episodes guys! wink

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I recorded all the episodes on tape from the TNT reruns. Since they were recorded while I was at work, I have to deal with the ridiculously long commercial breaks.

That was until I secured a set of all the episodes on DVD-R. Now the old VHS tapes are just collecting dust. Actually, I don't watch the DVD-R's much either except for research for a fic.

Tank (who just likes having all the episodes if he ever should wish to revisit them)

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
and still the question remains... who will be the merciful soul that will help me here in Brazil??? I need the originals!!!´that´s all i want for christmas!!! (which is my birthday by the way) DVD will be an old thing when it actually comes to brazil... someone help me! My old tapes are just falling into pieces...and i cant stop watching them... they have like 10 years use already... whinging

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard