Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#233753 07/09/04 12:57 PM
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
This is just out of curiosity. In what order do you do certain things?

~•~
#233754 07/09/04 01:00 PM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, I voted other for no. one. I read the fdk first but it's got nothing to do with figuring out which fanfic to read or not.

I just love watching the dialogue between author and readers and even though at the current time I have no time or real inclination to read much in the way of fanfic, I still enjoy reading the fdk.

goofy )

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#233755 07/09/04 07:07 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm such an 'other'. But I think we all know that by now. goofy

Really, half the time, I end up reading the sequel first, and then going back to read the first one. Then the other half of the time, I read the FDK first to see what it's about.
(But couldn't you figure that out by reading the first part, Jen? Oh, why make things easy when you can make them complicated?)

As for drinking...it depends on what I'm drinking. If it's coffee, I drink it after I eat. If it's alcoholic, I'll drink it first, then just drink water or something during the meal. If it's non-alcoholic, I drink it right through the meal. For some reason, beer doesn't really wash anything down for me...unless it's more beer. (Or in my one special case during a wild spring break last year...I let my wine cooler wash down my breakfast.) But nevermind. Drinking Adventures With Jen is another documentary for another time. :p

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#233756 07/09/04 07:12 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I voted other on the first question.

I usually read the stories first before I open the fdk folder. But, there are sometimes stories - mostly longer ones - I don't have time to keep up with. In that case, I will read the fdk folder to see what's going on and if I do want to catch up when I get the time.

Mostly, I only find the time to catch up when a story hits the archive. But I currently have a lot of time, so I'm catching up on about everything. So keep the stories coming!

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
#233757 07/10/04 01:10 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
In the first question, I went for the first option. Reading the fdk first spoils the story, and I hate spoilers so much I usually don't even read the description of a story <shrug>

As for the second question... well, Jen's got a point, it depends on the drink, but generally I drink while I eat.

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#233758 07/10/04 01:35 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, my real answer for the first question would be "it depends" smile I voted "other" though, because sometimes, the first thing I read on this board is an ongoing discussion here or in Fanfic Related or wherever.

Just talking about fanfic, I usually read the fic first, but there are times where I'm not keeping up with a story, then check a FDK folder just out of curiosity, and the spoilers in there get me interested in the story.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#233759 07/10/04 03:05 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Like Pam, I sometimes take a look into the feedback folder if I'm not following the story, just out of curiousity and see if it interests me. But I do follow the story, I mostly read the fic/chapter first because I don't want it to spoil anything.

As for the eating and drinking, I chose the first option, though now that I think of it, I should have gone with 'other'. Yes, I do chug down the drink before I eat, but not mainly because I'm thirsty. You know, it's an old trick to make you eat less, just like people use smaller plates, and it is to keep you from inhaling the food. After I've had a few glasses, I begin to eat, but I drink more inbetween as well.

Pelican

Such a little thing really, a kiss...most people don't give it a moment's consideration. They kiss on meeting, they kiss on parting, that simple touching of flesh is taken entirely for granted as a basic human right.

Susan Kay

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard