Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#233721 06/30/04 02:08 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
As a tangent to Yvonne's poll... how many stories do you have tucked away somewhere that are resting in peace (RIP laugh ) and are unlikely to be revived?

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm tempted to say all 6 of my WIPs :p . Especially now that RL has kicked into overdrive, and I don't have time to sit down and write anymore.

wink
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
No fair asking a question like that and not answering it yourself, Pam! Especially as I remember reading several pages of a terrific sequel to Tryst... wink

Me? I think two. Actually, though I said two, I've just remembered a third... blush One was started in my first year as a writer, and I can't even find the story file now. It had an engaged Lois and Clark visiting an English university to do a stint as visiting lecturers in journalism (write about what you know, huh? wink ) and stumbling on a crime spree. Then there's the one I just remembered, which was only an idea: a complex time-travel thing involving an S1 Lois and Clark and an S4 Lois and Clark. I think I'm relieved that I never tried to write it! eek

And then there's a story I started and think I will probably now never finish. Some people know of it - it's called Tangled. And, Kae, don't yell! I just think it's been too long now, and I'm not convinced that the premise works.

Phew!!! [img]http://www.smiliemania.de/smilie.php?smile_ID=1532[/img] Tangled - now that's a relief! wink

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
And, Kae, don't yell!
*@!#?§£!... I won't yell. razz I'll just send all the spider spider spider spider spider spider of hell after you until you give in.

As for me, at least two RIPs. My very first attempt at writing fanfic - something called Everybody Hurts, and which was forced angst, horrible English and silly stuff all over the place. I've canibalised whatever I could from it, but most of it is resting in (relative) peace somewhere on my mother's computer. The other is a story called Feels Like Heaven, where Lois and Clark wake up 6 or 7 years into the future, in bed together, and with a little girl that happens to be theirs. Nope, will definitely *not* resurrect that one!

Kaethel smile (shuddering at the thought of using that eight-legged graemlin, but what you wouldn't do for the greater good! [g])

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Kerth
Kerth
Especially as I remember reading several pages of a terrific sequel to Tryst...
and that is RIP? hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Yes, I think the sequel to Tryst is definitely dead. But then again, so was Lois, so who knows? goofy The beginning may have been good (thank you, Wendy), and I had the idea for a plot, but it just never worked for me. I think my attitude was, hey, they're together, what else is there to write about? Though writing my alphabet series has opened my eyes a bit on that front.

Let's see, what else... I have two or three things that deal with L&C as parents at various stages (including a sequel to A Special Child) but they just weren't working for me. And I hesitate to mention it peep but I have a few scenes for a fourth President Kent story. Haven't touched that one since the nineties.

And then there are a number of other short-ish things that I started but never went anywhere with. Some of those may eventually be finished -- what became "Hubris" sat unmolested on my hard drive for years. There is a Metallo rewrite that I couldn't figure out how to work before, but maybe now, with more practice, it'd be easier.

But first off, I wanna finish K! (I started it in January and I'm up to 20 pages now, woo-hoo)

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, I'm tempted to say all of them, but I'll desist. goofy

Definitely at least two that I can think of. One (Ripples) because the subject matter is too dark for this fandom and the other (Legacy) because I wrote myself into a corner early on and will probably never write myself out. wink

But I've learned never to take bets on this kind of thing over many years of writing. So who can tell?

Legacy might eventually make it if I ever get to the point where I've managed to finish off all the others and only have it left. laugh . After all, up till recently I was convinced Second Degree Burns was a dead duck, but recently I've begun to think on it more favourably again. If it's in with a chance, anything is. dizzy

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
I don't like to think that my stories are resting in peace. Besides, Forever You was peacefully resting for several months until I thought 'hey, I haven't finished this yet!'. And we're talking about a two-pages story <shrug>

So, as Maria would say, my stories are more likely to be found in coma.
Currently, my 'coma' stories are two: One is a series of sequels to 'Never Take A Shower On Sunday Morning'. This series is the reason why I haven't submitted this story to the Archive yet. They're resting because I want to write them in Spanish too, and at this period I'm not in the mood to write in Spanish.
The second one is a story inspired by Kitty's disability challenge, but I paused writing it a) because I was out of BRs and b) because I couldn't exactly meet the conditions of the challenge, so... <shrug>

Interesting question, Pam. I love seeing all those ideas for stories that are RIP (and they are going to be resurrected very soon wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy )

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Top Banana
Top Banana
One (Ripples) because the subject matter is too dark for this fandom...
/me clears throat in a threatening manner

OK, as a representative for the readers in this fandom who LOVE dark stories <coughMecoughElenacoughYvonnecoughCCcough>, I protest!! There is no story dark enough, and if you are withholding from us - growl! Don't make me start quoting about Clark intentionally swallowing Red K (near-suicide), Lois writing on her body with black magic marker (oh.my.) and the dangers of running up against Colombian paramilitaries. I'll give you a heapin' helpin' o' dark! In fact, we've hired this lovely psychiatrist gentleman by the name of George to help us all work through our issues as we seem to have a propensity for extreme torture of poor, defenseless Lois and Clark <g>.

Remember, we are parched travelers in a desert of lovely WAFF. Not that I don't appreciate the WAFF, but, hey, no fair holding out. So pull that baby out of the rubbage bin and dust off that pencil, little missy!

As for me, I have but one sad little story that has ceased to breathe. Some of you know the premise, and you also know the reason for it's untimely demise. Talk about a trouble-rouser <g>. C'est la vie.

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
There is no story dark enough,
[pantomine mode on] Oh, yes there is![/pantomine mode off]

Don't make me tell you what it is. You won't like it! Suffice to say that were I ever to finish and post it, I'd have to change my name and go hide out something considerably safer than this locale...like...oh...the wilds of Borneo... help

Clark intentionally swallowing Red K (near-suicide), Lois writing on her body with black magic marker (oh.my.) and the dangers of running up against Colombian paramilitaries. I'll give you a heapin' helpin' o' dark!
Har! Picnic in the park compared to Ripples. Trust me on this.

LabRat smile (saying nothing more on the grounds that she might incriminate herself...)

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lynn wrote:

As for me, I have but one sad little story that has ceased to breathe. Some of you know the premise, and you also know the reason for it's untimely demise. Talk about a trouble-rouser <g>. C'est la vie.
*Clears throat* Ahem... that's not the one you've discussed with me on several occasions, is it? If so... wildguy wildguy wildguy

As for dark... well, that's one of the many reasons why Tangled is an RIP and not a WIP any more. wink

And as for Ripples and Legacy, Rat, I know the premises for both of these, remember, and I would love to read both! So just exhume those, okay? Y'hear??? wildguy wildguy wildguy

Wendy devil

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Right, I hereby declare that Lynn and Wendy (and anyone else holding out dark fic on us) should be force-fed processed cheese (yes, that is the most horrific torture a rat can think of peep ) until they post their stories...

...while I remain able to just forget completely about mine.

Fair?

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
See...now I just have to know!

Ripples? I request a two page, double spaced synposis on my desk by Monday.

Wendy...do I smell another "Without Consent" here? Hmmmm??? Even the title is highly intriguing - Tangled. So, you, too. Synopsis, please! And pull that one out of the dead-files folder.

We need a new Dark Fic folder. Enter at your own risk <vbg>.

And no, the story that is dead and buried is not the one you're thinking of. It's the one that would simply ruffle too many feathers to be worth the time and energy. It remains as a vivid fantasy in my brain, however <g>.

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ah the wonders of fanfic authors...

LabRat claims she won't write Ripples and Legacy because they're too dark, and in the same sentence threatens Wendy and Lynn because they say they can't write Tangled and Lynn's WIP, something which was announced within a breath of threatening LabRat because she won't write Legacy and Ripples because they're too dark. huh

You know what I say, guys? Write 'em all! You've got a taker here!

Kaethel wink

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
One (Ripples) because the subject matter is too dark for this fandom
Does anyone have any idea what this means? confused confused confused

I looked in the dictionary for "too dark" but I just can't find it! Feels like Rat invented a new meaningless expression. huh

El devil

Methos: "I'm easily amused."

(Indiscretions - Highlander: The Series)
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
I won't bother quoting anything, I'll just say 5 words:

WE NEED MORE DARK FICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy

AnnaBtG. (a big dark-fic lover)

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Merriwether
Merriwether
<-- also a lover of dark fics, the more tortured the better

Points if you get me to cry; bonus points if you get me to sob. Triple bonus points if you shock me so badly I can't cry.

*gets tissues ready*

I'm ready. Rat, Lynn, Wendy -- GO!

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Top Banana
Top Banana
Me three..bring em on! devil

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Me? No I have none that are RIP. There are several sitting on my HD in beginning stages but I have every intention of getting back to them in due time. I often put the beginning of a story on my drive and then get distracted by another premise, but so far I have come back and finished any sequels that I've started. (The beginning of the sequel to Suspicions is there; only a few paragraphs, but it's begun and waiting until the inspiration hits.) I have several plots partially roughed out, but they will hopefully become stories at some time in the future.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
It's not necessarily dead, maybe comatosed would be a better word for it. But I do have 32 short stories written up, four of my own series, and three unrelated in the series. So that would make it what? 39. And I can't even begin to count the stories that I've written that is none L&C related.

Hum, maybe one.

laugh

1. Sour blood 2. It's the government...
3. Everyone has an Angel 4. A concubine's story
5. Poisoned 6. Alternative#26
7. Fountain of Youth 8. My fair Orent
9. Time Tech 10. Triune
11.Universal Code 12. Alien Species 1&2
14. Android Delima 15. U19
16. Meet the Deles 17. New earth
18. Final Front...1&2 20. Reversing Tide
21. Winfoils 22. Xeloanians