Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Just to elaborate further...the ficus resides in the #loisclark channel. He's our mascot. And sometimes people hide behind him if they need to - although it's not a very successful method of avoiding reader nagging we've found as somehow they always find us. huh

Over the years, as Pam says, he's become quite a celebrity, having guest appearances in many fanfic.

Recently, we had an emergency situation when a #loisclarker who shall remain nameless (but who was Elena IIRC...) forgot to water him - but he survived and, in the main, he doesn't give us any trouble at all.

wink

LabRat [Linked Image]

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
He's our mascot.
/me skids to a halt. The ficus is a he???

I've always thought of it as a...well, I'm not too sure, actually, but definitely never a 'he.' dizzy

Yvonne laugh

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Course he's a he. You think he wears that blue bandana for no reason? goofy

LabRat [Linked Image]

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Good Lord - the ficus a he??? Don't you guys read anything? The ficus is a self!!! laugh

And, MDL, your other question, about ferns - Lois had a fern on her desk in one episode - probably in Series 1 - and we see her tipping the dregs of her coffee into its pot. That image has also been enshrined in fanfic. smile

Mere

A diabolically, fiendishly clever mind. Possibly someone evil enough to take over the world. CC Aiken, Can You Guess the Writer? challenge
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Out of pure boredom, I tracked down these. I think the answer is that Ficus is confused:

The Weird Sex Life of the Fig

Sex Determination In Ficus carica

And this one (that I haven't read properly) which has nothing to do with the above, but talks about Ficus worship:

The God-Idea of the Ancients (or Sex in Religion): Chapter II. Tree, Plant, and Fruit Worship

There is no hope for us. Thank goodness laugh

Helga

Knowledge is knowing that tomatoes are a fruit.

Intelligence is not putting them in a fruit salad.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard