Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#233610 06/08/04 02:39 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I just recently joined another Fandom for a relatively new show (it just finished it's second season) and they have already had their first annual FanFic awards ceremony. These people are posting installments on a mostly DAILY schedule(some more that twice a day)!

Early on in FOLCdom when the show was first on and people were desperate for LnC fixes during the Summer off-season, did people post more frequently?

Just a curiosity question.

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, I know I was usually in a hurry to get my stuff out there -- it was generally a lot shorter, too, which made it easier. Oh, plus I wanted to get my story posted before the next episode ruined it wink Sarah Wood & I spent the summer between S2 and S3 writing a L&C wedding story that dealt with nailing Bill Church. We had no way to anticipate Mindy Church <g> But I do remember working hard to have the story out before the new season began.

I remember posting "Fate Worse Than Death" on Zoom's original fanfic boards, and I wrote & pasted a section per day or almost every day. It was quite the experience goofy but I had to do a lot of after-the-fact editing to fix all the things I didn't like about it.

Anyway, in general, I think we were in more of a hurry back then, but that tended to get us more hurried stories, if you know what I mean. Fast-paced, but not very deep. (I emphasize that I'm speaking generally; there are always stories that buck the trends.) It was a few years later (after the show ended, I think) when a stronger trend toward long/introspective/angsty stories began to show up. And we as a fandom began to place more value on proper grammar and good writing rather than just reading anything and everything to help us cope with LCWS (Lois & Clark Withdrawal Syndrome).

Or at any rate, that's how I remember it. smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard