Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
smile1 I have been a FoLC ever since the show first aired here in Australia. My father was a Superman fanatic so at a very early age I was introduced to the George Reeves TV series. Our family always had a supply of Superman comics and I have seen all the Christopher Reeve Superman movies. It was only natural that I would watch Lois & Clark. I found myself totally immersed in the show, not because of Superman but because of Clark Kent. All of sudden he was human as well as being invulnerable. I loved watching the development of his relationship with Lois.

Like Crazy Babe said the whole 4 seasons were never shown here. frown The 1st season originally aired on Channel 7. It was months before the 2nd season was shown on Channel 9. Then there was another huge gap to the 3rd season. Apparently Optus/Foxtell (paid TV) is just beginning to air the 4th season now. (Saturdays & Sundays 2:30pm Channel 28) Because my video plays both systems I was able to get copies of these episodes from other FoLCs. thumbsup I remember reading into the early morning hours eventually printing out every episode. I was hooked! Fanfic gave me the chance to feel part of the L&C story. The thing that amazed me the most was the extremely high standard of writing. I knew at once that I wanted to read more. When I eventually discovered the archive a couple of months later I was ecstatic.

Great question, James! jump

Tricia cool

Merriwether
Merriwether
Hrm. Let's see. I remember watching the show within the first few episodes, but I can't remember if I started with the pilot or not. I had the same dilemma as some others here about whether to watch L&C or SeaQuest (Jonathan Brandis was such a cutie. *sigh*)

As far as the fandom goes, my mind is really fuzzy. I got online in the fall of 95 (yay college!) and got on AOL when eWorld died in April 96. Soon after that, I found the L&C chats after the show. Sometime in either 95 or 96 is when I found fanfic. The first story I actually remember reading was Dawning, but I don't think it was the first one I read. I also remember trying to download all of the stories I could when I think Rhen couldn't host the Archive anymore and was looking for a new owner. I think I've still got the floppies of the stories....

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Top Banana
Top Banana
It was late summer or early fall '02 and I was flipping around and I saw this really cute couple blushing at each other on TNT. I recognized her from Soapdish (and I thought he was a hunk) so I let it play for a while (it was the episode where Clark asked Lois for a date). By the time the episode ended, I was hooked.

Looking for more info about the show, I discoverd TUFS and the season finale blew me away. The first nfic I ever read remains the best, Faux Pas, the ultimate in fan fiction, the perfect blend of A- and B-plots, and an improvement over the actual episodes.

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
In the first question, I voted for 1-2 years - although that's how long I've been an online FoLC. I actually began watching the show in late 2001. (Okay, so I didn't get the question at first. Sue me :p )

In the second question, I voted for 'yes'. It was 'Smart Kids'. Didn't watch the whole episode, but I liked what I saw. I still remember how Clark tried to convince the kids he wasn't Superman by dipping his finger in... what was it? And the ending was cute smile

In the third question, I voted for 'yes' too. The first fic I read was Raquel Guimaraes's 'Before And After Clark Kent'. We were already friends and she asked me to read it. I admit I hadn't yet understood what fanfiction was about, so I didn't end up hooked in fanfic.
However, about a month later, she asked me to read her new - then - fic, 'A Perfect Valentine's Day - The Dream Comes True'. And then I did end up hooked smile

Looking forward to many years of FoLCdom,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Well, I firs saw Lois and Clark back in 1995, I think. I was living in the US back then and caught one ep on a Sunday night (thank God I did laugh )

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the first episode I saw was the one before the Phoenix, and waht really got me convinced to keep watching was the preview at the end, which showed the scenes with the champagne bottle and so on.

As for the first fanfic... The first I read from beginning to end must have been episode number one from TUFS, but I had read one before, in the summer of 2000. I remember not liking it much, 'cause it was a death fic. Lois was pregnant with twins, and despite being advised by her doctor to stop the pregnancy, she refused and chose to have Clark's girls. She then died at birth, I think.

Cris

Cris
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm not 100% sure, but I think the first episode I saw was the one before the Phoenix, and waht really got me convinced to keep watching was the preview at the end, which showed the scenes with the champagne bottle and so on.
Okay, I've gotta comment on that, because with me it was the exact opposite <g> I caught the last half of "The Eyes Have It" and thought it was fun. But when the previews came up, all I saw was that they were bringing back Lex Luthor, which I saw as *such* a pathetic & annoying plot device... so I didn't really watch again for a few months. smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Top Banana
Top Banana
I still remember how Clark tried to convince the kids he wasn't Superman by dipping his finger in... what was it?
Ketchup. wink

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I saw the show from the beginning when it first aired, but I wouldn't have considered myself a folc back then. I've been a Superman comic book fan since I was a small tyke.

I enjoyed the series and was bummed when it was cancelled. Then I forgot about it, until the reruns on TNT began. This refueled my obsession for Superman, and most notebly Lois Lane.

This was also when I first discovered the archives. It was then that I could consider myself a folc.

So, to answer the questions; This first episode was the pilot, and yes I remember the first fanfic I read. It was "Heaven's Prisoners" by Demi.

Tank (who remembers that he didn't really buy the set up premise of the story but enjoyed the excellant portrayal of emotion in the story)

A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
Originally posted by DocJill:
OMG, Anne, I love your sig line - I've been a huge AMC fan since I was like 8 years old but haven't been able to watch it hardly at all in the last year because of school - and am now devastated that I missed the episode that Edmund said that in - it would've had me bouncing around the house happily for days afterwards. laugh
And since I haven't seen my muse in about a year...very relevant. wink
I'm glad you like it. laugh

I was bouncing when I heard it. I've been watching since my grandfather got me hooked in high school (early 1980s) and now I tape each day's episode and usually watch on the weekend. As soon as I heard the word "muse", my ears perked right up (kinda like my cat when I call her) and I had to rewind the tape to make sure I wrote it down exactly as he said it.

I figured it would be very relevant to a bunch on this list...whether they're AMC fans or not.

jump

Anne >^,,^<

"I only know how to make four things, and this is the only one without chocolate." Lois Lane "All My I've Got a Crush on You 10/24/1993
Merriwether
Merriwether
I remember waiting for the pilot to finally air. My brother and I fought over who got the TV for that hour for that season. He wanted to watch SeaQuest and I wanted LnC. I knew some wrestling techniques so I mostly won.

I was a bit embrassed to watch it in front of my family b/c of all of the emotional stuff. I still don't know why I was embrassed by that stuff. I think my step-dad and brother teased me so I switched to taping as much as I could. Emotional damage, geesh.

I remember one of the reasons I wanted to watch b/c of DC. I loved CK. His character was awesome. I've always liked guys that are some Asian and some Caucasian. blush I have a thing for SM too. blush Ack, my Mum brainwashed me into thinking I must only go for Asian guys. Yeah..sure..mum...if..they..all ..look... like... DC! Yeah, she loved it when I married my first boyfriend who is British/Italian who wears a leather jacket. But Mum it is okay! He has a commerce degree and he's working on his masters! I know how to manipulate my Mum now so she leaves me alone. Since I couldn't have CK/SM, I got married. wink Mmmmm, muscles.

I fell out of it while it was in its third season, I think. I had my jeet kune do class. Honestly, some of the story lines were driving me nuts! Also, no one else I knew shared the same facination with DC in his tights. How can you not share such a wonderful thing? I was in university by then - artsy fartsy pple, activists, razz blah blah blah. Yeah, they enjoyed my sticker of SM and DC on the inside of my binder. razz So kinda - out of sight out of mind - type of dealy. I did eventually go to look for the show on Sunday nights, but could not find it. I think it was cancelled by then or on Saturday. (Hey! I wanted to save the trees too, but I guess you 'can't' because you look like a 14 year old cartoon. Oh well. I guess you had to be there.)

I watched my tapes now and then and the reruns on ch10 a few years ago. (Our old French channel here.) That was weird. I eventually taped over my LnC a bit. Now I think, stupid Roo!

I feel silly b/c I can't remember what happened first - when TBS aired it or finding this place first that rekindeled my relationship w/ LnC.

I cannot remember my first Fanfic. I remember reading one by Labrat. Hers were one of my first! The one where LL/CK make out up in Smallville and are endager of Ma and Pa finding them in the livingroom.

<stop babbeling Roo!!!> I'll go away now.

Hmmmmmmmmmm, oh husband dearie?! Can you put that SM shirt under your business suit you are wearing right now???? Muhahahahaha.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
E
Columnist
Columnist
E
I've been a fan since it first aired. IIRC, that was the year I graduated from high school (1994). I remember SeaQuest too, and miss it.

It just took me a while to find the online community. I don't remember my first fanfic, but it was probably one in the archives. smile

I believe there's a hero in all of us that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams. -- Aunt May, Spider-Man 2
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I watched the show starting at the last 3 episode of the first season but didn't get hooked until the middle of the second season.

I originally only watched it because of the advertising and saw Dean on it. I thought he was gorgeious for a caucasion and Oriental mix. I got turned off to the show at first because I thought the writers for the show wasn't very good, so I stopped watching for three to four shows.

But when Dean started bulking up at the middle of the second season, all I could do was drool but what can I say, I wasn't really watching the show at all. All I was doing is drool , watching his bicepts making my eyeballs roaming from his shoulder down to his chest. When he would crosses his arms my mind would run wild and started roaming throughout his chest. Images of me rubbing his chest would fill my mind. Sometimes, I would actually start necking him and would have to shake myself free of those evil thought that had sometimes crept into my head.

I didn't actually start watching it for the show until a few episode before "And the answer is."

Top Banana
Top Banana
I answered 7-8 years.(Although I do remember Cat Grant laugh )

It was around '96. I was living in Saudi Arabia at that time. One of the English channels there started broadcasting Lois & Clark but they were never in chronological order. Also the censor board used to cut some kissing scenes and few episodes(Pheromone My Lovely never came) grumble

Later after all these years when I came to US for my Bachelor's degree in 2002 and watched the reruns on TNT and TBS, I finally got to reacquaint with all the 88 episodes in proper order. smile

My first episode was The Man of Steel Bars. (That's the first episode they showed in Saudi wave wink

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard