Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#233156 02/11/04 05:05 PM
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Okay, technically, this is the 3rd poll, but it goes with part 4. So to keep things straight, I'm calling it poll 4.

Only one note this time. I still haven't gotten any suggestions for how Lois should go undercover. So, if you have any thoughts, please reply here and let me know. smile

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Kerth
Kerth
Well, I voted tha Lois should go undercover and get Jimmy with her... but I think he should be staking out outside. He could see something she can't inside.

Jose wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
One that wasn't there and one that would complicate things more would be to have Martha and Jonathan show up. I just don't see them sitting still while their boy was missing.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Yeah, I forgot that this Lois already had short hair, but I do have to wonder why you brought up the Les and Vinny thing if you didn't plan to have Lois use the identity again.

If she's going to go undercover she already has a street punk identity established. So it shouldn't take too much to re-establish that. Just a bit of a trim. wink

Of course that would mean that she'd have to fake an injurty or something, and that could be dangerous... Hey! Whams!

Tank (who thinks it's about time this little exercise got into some good old whams)

Merriwether
Merriwether
Going undercover seems risky when she also needs to be investigating Clark's disappearance. Plus she doesn't seem to have a lot to go on yet, so it would be hard to find a good cover story. Staking it out first might yield that information. I still think she should fill Maggie Sawyer in on what she knows; Maggie might have other information and between the two of them they might get a full picture. The MPD might have more manpower to run a stakeout or undercover situation, too. Normally, I would be encouraging Lois to go, but she has to be a bit more cautious because she needs to find Clark. (Which isn't to say that she can't get "taken" if the two situations are, in fact, linked and you need her to get herself captured. wink )

Looking forward to part 5,

Kathy

HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Jose, sorry I didn't think to include that possibility. I'll keep it in mind, depending on how the poll results turn out.

James, Martha and Jonathan aren't in the poll because the poll is only about Lois and Clark. I'm in charge of everyone else. Now, I'll admit I'd kind of forgotten about M&J, but they were mentioned in the comments thread. I have a note to remind me to keep them in mind when writing the next part.

Tank, I don't plan anything where Lois and Clark's movements are concerned. The readers dictate their actions, and then I figure out how everyone else reacts. The conversation with Vinny was included because Rivka suggested that Lois get in touch with her "guys who know guys." It seemed like a good idea, so I worked it in.

I hadn't thought about using that identity again. I'm not sure it really works. Les is an established street identity, as you say, but he's established with the wrong crowd. He also requires Lois to use that voice for extended periods without slipping. She's done it before, but it's not the easiest thing.

I did, however, have another thought, which I'll probably use if there aren't any other suggestions. What do people think of Lois going as Angel (her identity from "Resurrection"), looking for her brother, Spike? Assuming she goes inside, that is...

(So funny to think that the writers came up with the names "Angel" and "Spike"...)

Kathy, we'll see how the poll turns out. Like I said to Tank, I have no specific plans for Lois or Clark. The story does not hinge on Lois getting captured. I don't think I'd be giving too much away by saying that, like you, I hope she doesn't get captured. I'll deal with whatever comes up as best I can, but most of what happens to her is dependant upon the actions that you, the readers, choose. This whole thing is kind of like GMing, actually. I've always wanted to that...

Anyway, I should be going. Keep those votes and comments coming! smile Be back tonight to pick up the results.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think Lois doesn't need much of a fake identity to go to the hospital. She could just go around, looking, and, if anyone asks, she's visiting a friend. 'Chris Nicholson. What do you mean, he's not here? Oh, I guess I came in the wrong hospital'. No reason to suspect her, unless she's caught in the act - but she'd be careful enough, wouldn't she?

Just a thought,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard