#232756 12/11/03 08:53 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Really, ML? You just made my day! smile1

~Anna

#232757 12/13/03 06:28 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
LOL! It's been so much fun reading all the stories.

You could say I'm half out half in :rolleyes:

My parents know that I LOVE LnC and that I can spend hours in front of the computer reading fanfic ('cause I don't write)and checking the boards,but they take it as a 'weird hobby' that improved my english (Before my LnC obsession, the boards and fanfic I couldn't read/understand/write a paragraph in english blush )
My mom even watch some episodes with me laugh when I wake up early(because the show it's on 6:30 am smile1

A friend of mine who didn't know anything about me liking LnC, entered in my bedroom and her comment was 'So...you like Superman...'

Carolyn smile

Pisco and Ceviche ->100% PERUVIAN. Never doubt that.
#232758 12/13/03 11:19 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Actually, come to think of it, I've admitted I'm a fan of the series on our Intranet at work.

But I'm banking on no-one looking at that section much <g>. Those who do actually find their way there probably deserve a little insider info as a reward.

Yvonne

#232759 12/14/03 07:09 PM
Blogger
Blogger
Hello!

I am relatively new to the boards, though I have been closeted to everybody as a reader of LnC fanfics for the past year. I rediscovered LnC a year ago and have been engrossed in all these wonderful fanfics since. smile1

#232760 12/14/03 09:47 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Actually, come to think of it, I've admitted I'm a fan of the series on our Intranet at work.
LOL, Yvonne, so did I! goofy

When my company bought two new airplanes they asked the employees to come up with original names to christen them. The older models have regular cities names or are named after famous persons. Quite predictable, right? So I suggested 'Metropolis' and 'Gotham City' to honour the Superman and Batman fans. Needless to say, I didn't win the competition! Too frivolous, I guess. But after the admissions had been published on the Intranet, collegues began commenting on my 'comic books obsession'. If only they knew! wink Most of them were positive, though.

I hope I would be excused for posting the following remarks here, but I would just like to express my sincere thanks and deepest appreciation to all the writers and everybody here in the boards for all your fantastic efforts in the creation of such an amazing 'reality' for the enjoyment of FoLCs.
Thank you, Tenoh27, on behalf of all the writers. Welcome to the mbs; glad you decided to de-lurk! thumbsup

Ursie

Lois: Well, I like my quirks. I think they make me unique.
Clark: You certainly are unique.

Clark: You're high maintenance, you know that?
Lois: But I'm worth it!
#232761 12/15/03 11:07 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Am I in or out of the closet...hmmm...

Well, I haven't exactly jumped up on table in the cafeteria at school, screaming, "I love Lois & Clark!!"

But if a person pays attention to me, it won't take him too long to discover that I do have an obsession with LNC. My locker at school has got a huge S-shield all over it on the inside, and you'd also see that a lot of my drawings are based on the show. If you walk into my room, you'll also see a small poster of the Daily Planet logo, a news clip about Margot Kidder and Teri Hatcher, and a huge picture of Dean Cain in the suit with his jacket on. And, of course, a glass framed photo of Teri Hatcher with her autograph on it. smile

But when people see this, they just think, "Oh, it's just one more thing about that girl..." No one who knows me would ever say, "She's such a typical teenager."

As for the rest of how my room looks like, you won't find any movie poster of the latest film with the latest hunk in Hollywood: lousy movie, good-looking guy. No, here it's all about the *real* movies - classics. Grease, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Cabaret (the broadway musical, Teri hatcher) and I've also got my room decorated with a poster of Audrey Hepburn, Julia Roberts and James Dean, and there's also the *huge* "carpet" of the movie Hannibal that's probably about 8 x 3 feet big.. laugh Yeah, I know, big fan of Anthony Hopkins.

So I've got really nothing to hide... Although I must admit that if my family asked what I was doing, I'd say, "I'm writing" or "I'm making videos", and not "I'm writing LNC fanfic" and "I'm making trailers for LNC fanfic."

But if they found out, I really wouldn't care if they had anything bad to say about it. Because I know for myself that this isn't just "any" fan-community. Integrity and quality are just two of the many words that can describe all this. And that's enough for me. smile

So, am I in or out of the closet? I'm in the closet, but it's open for everyone to come and take a look inside! wink

Pelican smile

Such a little thing really, a kiss...most people don't give it a moment's consideration. They kiss on meeting, they kiss on parting, that simple touching of flesh is taken entirely for granted as a basic human right.

Susan Kay
#232762 12/18/03 03:40 AM
Blogger
Blogger
Dear Xanabee and other wonderful writers notworthy ,

You are welcome, but the thanks and pleasure was all mine (and all FoLCs, I think). laugh

Best wishes.

#232763 12/20/03 06:29 PM
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
When it comes to being in or out of the closet, I don't really know the answer to that. I haven't told anyone that I'm a big L&C fan, but I think my wife knows from occasionally seeing this message board on the screen, though I don't know for sure.

As for writing fanfic, the most I've told my wife is that I wrote one story without any details. She certainly has not read anything that I've written.

So in a way, I think I'm in the closet, but I have no way to be sure unless I ask, and I'm petrified to ask.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
#232764 12/22/03 06:07 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
My family has always known I'm obsessed with anything LnC related. They always tease me mercilessly about it. Last night I hinted to my dad that I am still a LnC fan and he told me to 'Get a life'. grumble

As for my friends only a few very close friends know.

#232765 12/26/03 10:02 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I hinted to my dad that I am still a LnC fan and he told me to 'Get a life'.
razz to your dad, then, and all others who think like him.

I have a life, thank you very much, as do most if not all of us. Enjoying a fandom doesn't mean you're stuck in your parents' basement, disconnected from the "real world." I've got quite enough reality going on, really -- husband, two kids (one of them autistic), church activities, support group meetings, etc. This is a great way for me to relax and unwind. And this is a community here, just not a geographically-based one. My best "real life" friends were all Internet/FOLC friends first -- people of all ages that I would otherwise never have come in contact with.

Okay, sorry, Isis, didn't mean to dump on your dad, but that sort of comment annoys me smile

PJ
who thinks media fans are far more sensible than sports freaks... wink

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#232766 12/27/03 05:45 AM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

Tank (who now has to look into this 'life' thing)

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard