Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kitty Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
I just want to know if someone out there can answer one or few questions for me. So, I would know if it is just me or do I really have an over active nose.

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
I voted 'yes' for most questions, but sometimes it really depends.

I claim to have a good sense of smell, though. (My vision sense, otoh...)

AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Kitty Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
I claim to have a good sense of smell, though. (My vision sense, otoh...)
Yes Anna. My friends all think I have very good sense of smell too. My friends couldn't believe I could smell the diffrence between a 1/4 Jar of Sugar and Salt. Yeah, my vision however is very poor. But it is good enough that I don't have to wear glasses. Although, my right eye is worse then my left, which would result in a "lazy eye".

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
My friends couldn't believe I could smell the diffrence between a 1/4 Jar of Sugar and Salt.
I believe you. I haven't tried, but I think I can do it too.
Still, you do have an over active nose. Can you really smell a person's nationality?? Or age?? (I can't do that, although sometimes old people stink)

But it is good enough that I don't have to wear glasses.
Hmm... lucky you. The issues about my vision are:

1) I have 5 degrees of myopia in my right eye, 5.25 in my left, and 1.50 of astigmatism in each.

2) I seem to be horrible at estimating distances, heights etc..

3) I'm not so good at remembering something I saw. Although I have an excellent memory, that's where it disappoints me. My best friend has showed me more than five times the guy from high school she likes, and I still won't recognize him if I see him smile Never ask me what a friend was wearing, unless you are sure I had been with them for hours, or they were wearing something I liked and noticed. And this dialogue:
Anna: Is this shirt new?
Friend: Are you kidding me??
has been repeated and repeated.
I think I could avoid it if I was paying more attention in my surroundings, but I never do blush

Thank God my other four senses are VERY good, and make it up to me.

AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Kitty Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Hmm... lucky you. The issues about my vision are:
Well not so, people who trys to come into the line that I was in while walking to an esclator. If they walk in from my right, I don't usually see them untile their a yard from my face.

3) I'm not so good at remembering something I saw. Although I have an excellent memory, that's where it disappoints me. My best friend has showed me more than five times the guy from high school she likes, and I still won't recognize him if I see him Never ask me what a friend was wearing, unless you are sure I had been with them for hours, or they were wearing something I liked and noticed. And this dialogue:
Anna: Is this shirt new?
Friend: Are you kidding me??
has been repeated and repeated.
I think I could avoid it if I was paying more attention in my surroundings, but I never do
Yeah, I have very bad verbal memory. If you say anthing to me I wont remember it. I don't remember what people wear either. And asked me what happened last week, I can't remember that either. But ask me what movies I've seen, I can't tell you the name but if given a picture of the cover design, I call tell you all of them that I've watched since I was a little girl.

Hey, Anna B. Maybe we should start a sentinal club. A club for people with extra highened sensories and minnimum defective other abilities. wink

Can you really smell a person's nationality??
I haven't tried other nationality but I know an Indain from a Mexicano/Spanish just by their smell. All that hot sauces they injest makes them smell diffrent from the Indians. smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I checked no to everything but rain. I have very bad sinuses, so my sense of smell isn't usually up to par. But I do live in a city of rain... wink

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well, I got for 'yes' everywhere except for one question so...I don't think you've got a superactive nose.

Can you tell the diffrence between leather and rubber by smelling it?
of course. But it also work just by looking at it or touching it! laugh

Carole

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I have to say that I surprised myself with the number of 'yes' answers I came up with here, because I have long supposed that I have an awful sense of smell.

I have to say, though, that I suspect that with practice / experience I could do some of the things I answered no to.

I did answer yes to question 7, but I'm not sure that I should have done. The thing is, different people do smell different according to what they have eaten, but that isn't really related to nationality / ethnicity. It has more to do with culinary preferences, and that, I guess, may / will vary with cultural background.

Chris

Kitty Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Yes, Krissie, that is true. It depends on rather your a traditional or not of your own culture. If your an Indian for example and eat a lot of hard core Indian food, you would smell more diffrently then a hard core Chinese food eater Indian like my bosses.

I know a lot of Indian's in my neighborhood smell like cajuan peppers. But my bosses however smells minutely diffrent because they love to eat(mostly) Chinese food. laugh

Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Just a quick thing, I am American (my ancestors are from Poland, but my family has been in America for generations). I like to eat Indian food, Mexican food, Chinese food, Japanese food, Tai food . . . yet I like to think I smell like Spiced Green Tea perfume and Bed Head shampoo laugh huh .

- Laura

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard