Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#231959 07/23/03 09:31 AM
Krissie Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Okay, so my current fanfic is coming to an end, my WIPs are festering on my hard drive, and this fanfic writer's thoughts have turned to love.

sloppy

Lois and Clark's love, that is, not mine.

More specifically, I'm thinking of an AU piece with a wedding in it, and, while I think I know what kind of wedding I'd like to give them, I'd like to know what kind of wedding fanfic readers think would most suit the happy couple.

Any comments welcome, too. smile

#231960 07/23/03 10:00 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You missed out my preferred option <g> - a small, intimate, family and friends wedding in Smallville. wink

LabRat (who really loved the story that Pam and Sarah wrote that gave me just that. <waffy sigh>)

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#231961 07/23/03 10:17 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I voted for a civil service... I'm personally very fond of church services but when it's the only time a person is ever inside a church building, there's not much point to it... a civil service seems more honest, somehow. And probably easier to arrange -- at any rate, it would be different arrangments than in every other fanfic out there wink

PJ
(aww, thanks, Labby! But even then, we did try for a big church wedding the first time around...)

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#231962 07/23/03 11:15 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yup, I'm with you on that, Pam. I'd also request that it be nothing too squirmy - no weird, specially-crafted wedding vows, and no wacky venues, like the top of a mountain, a cloud, or Clark's old tree house. smile

Yvonne

#231963 07/23/03 06:23 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, I'm always a fan of eloping...guitar shaped chapels, getting married by an elvis impersonator... laugh But yeah, I'm with Labby here. I think they'd get married in Smallville.

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#231964 07/23/03 11:00 PM
Krissie Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Okay, just so you know how my mind works... I'm another one in the 'Pam' camp, for the reasons she gives. My personal preference would be for a small civil service, but then, since the only time I seem to go to church these days is for other people's weddings, I guess that's not surprising. The quesion is, is that appropriate for LnC?

I also like the idea of Smallville weddings, but this story certainly won't have one. (It's, as I mentioned, AU, and Smallville won't fit into the continuity very well.) That, plus the fact that any of the other categories could be in Smallville, is why I didn't give it a category of its own. (Besides, leaving it out, gives scope for people to comment, right?)

And, no, they are fairly unlikely to get married in any really weird places in this fic... no mountains, tops of clouds, middle of nowhere with orange skies and officiated by some weird guy called Mike...

So that gives you some hint of what is likely to happen in the fic (if it ever gets written), but I'd still like to know more about people's idea wedding for LnC... so please keep voting! smile

Chris

#231965 07/23/03 11:48 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, if the choice is civil or church, I'd definitely go for civil. It always puzzled me why Clark and Lois went for a big church wedding as neither were portrayed as being particularly religious or, as Pam says, attending church regularly in any way. Guess peer/parent/it's the done thing pressure, I suppose.

Course, if it's AU, you can stretch the characterisations a little, but civil seems to fit more for me than not.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#231966 07/24/03 01:25 AM
C
Blogger
Blogger
C
Although I love reading the polls, I rarely reply. However, I just had to say something about this one. I love the idea of them getting married in a small church or civil ceremony with only friends and family as long as they say the same vows. I loved their vows! Smallville would be perfect. As far as the peer pressure of it being in a church vs civil, I completely understand. 30 years ago I tried for the civil service with the intent of going bigger at a later date to satisfy my parents. No go. My mother said, and I quote, "Oh, no! Then you'd be living in sin!" Needless to say, I got married in church with a grand total of 9 people there, but did get to say my own vows (Had to leave out the obey part). It was beautiful and I never regretted it. Getting married, not necessarily the venue.
Catherine

#231967 07/25/03 10:00 AM
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I chose a simple civil service, primarily since it's what I had. Those types are far more intimate than the large weddings, and the people who attend are those you most want to be there.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard