Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Trenna Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Because of the number of feline avatars, I'm guessing there are a lot of cat lovers out there

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
well, you got me exactly with the first option. i'm a dog person by nature. grew up with a dog. never lived more than a year or so without a dog. of course, a couple members of my family are allergic to cats. one of my sisters is very allergic to cats. still, i prefer a companion who comes over when you call and is more sensative to your emotions (the dog i grew up with was the best shrink i've ever had, and she charged a lot less, too.. wink ).

still, i'm a bit surprised you didn't have a voting option for those who don't like animals at all. i know, i know. hard to understand, but people like that do exist. wink

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Sorry, I can't vote in this poll. I don't own a cat, so that makes it 0. But I'm not a dog lover.

I used to have a cat for years, but lately my mother doesn't want a pet at all. I like most animals, so another option would have been nice.

I do have fish in the pond in the garden tho, which is also a good reason to not have a cat. But I promised myself to get a cat (for the company) when I get a place of my own.

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Count me in as one of the cat lovers!

I have two cats and three kittens ... it's a cute little family [g]. The dad is gray and white (his name is Clarkie) and the mom is all gray (her name, naturally, is Lois). Two of the kittens are gray and white, and one is almost all gray like his mommy. Their names aren't Lois and Clark related, because my parents were like, 'please, no more!' so I relented [g].

We live on a farm, so all of our cats have plenty of room to roam and go chase mice. In fact, Lois just came trotting up the hill to our house the other day, her latest catch proudly hanging from her mouth. She then promptly dropped in on the front porch for us to see. It was lovely [g]. My dad had to take it and throw it in the field. He was happy -- one less mouse in the barn [g].

Tracey (who has also had a dog as a pet ... and a cow, a goat, and a pig goofy )

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Unfortunately I'm extremely allergic to cats and dogs. frown

I've been on an injection programme for over 4 years .
I can actually go near them now but couldn't possibly own one or live in a house where anyone else has one. mecry

Tricia cool

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Dog's forever! laugh I've had a dog for about 5 years now...lab-retriever. Hang around IRC enough and you'll hear more about him then you probably cared to <g>.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Columnist
Columnist
Well, what I have to vote for (1 cat) is unfortunately true. If you count the number of cats who own me *now*. I *had* two cats before I moved to Vancouver, but they were bad movers so I had to give them up for adoption. I sort of consider myself a three-cat person now because of that. (Although if I were to count the cat we had when I was a kid, that I loved to death, but that because we lived in the jungles of Africa and he got eaten by some wild animal, I would be a four-cat person...) Don't know... Ah well smile

Melisma (under her Rock, missing Midnight, the all-black wild animal lunch from her African childhood; Melisma, the black and white tux she got while living in Ontario, had there and moved with her from there to Quebec and then central BC; and Spot, the ginger tabby kitten she got in central BC and had to leave there with Melisma because they were such bad movers; and now Tica, the black and white tux she had to leave with her parents in Vancouver when she came to Korea for a year, and who will probably consider her parents her humans by the time she gets back, because they spoil her rotten, just as any ordinary grandparents would do - although her parents refuse to be called Tica's grandparents!!!!)

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
ooo!!! Fun poll!!

I'm currently up there with a total of four... laugh My purrsonal cats are the two girls - Mitten is a ragdoll who's lovely face looks just like the kitty in my avatar and the other, Ramey, is a very round rescue I found at a local petstore.

The boys, Squeaky and Cougar, are my girls' cats. I used to be a dog person, but frankly, four cats are nowhere as near as much trouble as one dog.

Missy [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Boards Chief Administrator
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Shoulda been check marks so I could choose the puppy choice too.

I have a grey tom cat named AJ. My mom has furry orange one named Butterscotch, or as she calls him: Bella. We've recently added Bailey to our clan. She's a buff colored, prue bred, cocker spaniel. I actually just got her ACA papers: Bailey's Irish Cream, which is funny because I don't drink much so I've never had it.

Well, what wouldn't be complete with out pictures to share:

http://www.nfanfic.net/images/bailey/

http://www.nfanfic.net/images/cats/

Annette wink

www.kerthawards.com
www.lcficmbs.com
www.folcvideo.com
www.nfanfic.net
www.annesplace.net

"There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America." Bill Clinton, inaugural address, January 21, 1993
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
I like cats (everyone that has talked to me on AIM can see that from my Hello Kitty buddy icon wink ) but I am very allergic to them. I am a big dog person smile . Even though I am allergic to them, too, my family has always had a dog. I think I've gone for like 2 months in my life without having a dog. My avatar is a picture of my dog, Max - he's almost so ugly that he's cute smile .

- Alicia

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Another dog person here. Although I don`t have one I surely would like to have one around.

It`s not that I don`t like cats or anything like that, it`s just.... you can`t take them for a walk and , the ones I know, pee everywhere.. and I mean everywhere sad

sunshine

A friend is somebody that knows everything about you and still likes you
Top Banana
Top Banana
Only one, but he passed away and I haven't seen anyone worthy to replace him.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I think it's probably pretty well known that I have a cat called Scrabble. wink She's tabby and white, and around 16 years old (we don't know for sure, since I adopted her from a shelter when she was two or so).

Just one of her unusual sleeping places:

[Linked Image]

No, that's not my desk; there is actually some room on mine! smile1

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
This one was hard for me to vote. I have 1 dog, however..... my roomate has "rescued" 3 cats all of which claim me as "thier person". confused I have desperatly tried to convince them otherwise, but.... if you've ever "owned" a cat, as the poll states "they own you". GRRRRRR!

2 of them are sweethearts, the other is satan re-incarnent razz

S (whose basset hound is NOT happy about this!!)

"Well, let's see, so far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, treated as your girlfriend, and I insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this. Mmm, mmm." -- Lois to Clark, 'Green, Green Glow of Home'
Blogger
Blogger
I'm a dog lover - big dogs. We have 11 year old black lab who is not too thrilled with our newish puppy. Molly is an 8.5 month old Great Pyrenees who's pushing 80 lbs. She's already taller than the lab. Heck, she's almost as big as one of my coworkers!

WAC
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, I was all ready to vote zero, but then the zero option said I had to be a dog lover. So I can't vote - I'm totally ambivalent about pets, be they cats, dogs, fish, snakes, alligators, etc. Well, actually, you could probably count me amongst the anti-snake and alligator brigade, but you get my drift. wink

Yvonne

PS - as I've said before, sometimes I wish pollsters wouldn't place interpretations on their choices. At best, it makes it harder to pick options, and at worst, it makes me feel like I'm having words put in my mouth which really don't fit with my usual idiom, and that makes me cringe a little when I'm voting.

Having said all that, it's not a big hill of beans. I certainly don't want to dampen enthusiasm for polls, 'cos they're good fun. smile

PPS What on earth is Scrabble doing on your dining room table, Wendy? Does that animal have no sense of shame? goofy

Merriwether
Merriwether
Well, I currently only have 1 cat, Sammy Cat , named after the cat from Xanth. He pretty much owns me, or at least, my pillow. He's my baby, so I keep taking pictures of him. laugh

Over the years, I've had a lot of pets. When I stayed at my Dad's house for my wedding, he had 7 cats, 5 kittens, 3 dogs, 1 bird, 2 ferrets, and I think the chinchilla. He's down to about 4 cats, 2 dogs, and 3 large birds. Once my real website comes back up, I'll have to post a few pictures he's sent me of the birds. My old puppy, Betsy, has gone on to greener pastures, but she'll always have a place in my heart.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Columnist
Columnist
I'm a dog person, all the way. I do like some cats - usually the friendlier ones that act like a dog! laugh

I've been known to tell as many stories about my dog, Shadow (the amazing Wuss dog), as about my children.

Birds and fish leave me quite cold, although I once had a cockatoo sit on my head, which is more fun than it sounds. thumbsup

Actually, sometimes, I even embarrass myself by how silly I get around dogs; I make a huge fuss.

Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I'm a dog person, even though my dad won't allow me to have a pet. I've got him right where I want him on the fish idea though. LOL! at Wendy's cat.

Ja-10(who intends to get some fish for his game room, but first must buy a pool table)

A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Well, I voted for zero, but it's because I'm not allowed to have any pets in my apartment. I am more a dog person, but I love cats too and would definitely have one if I was allowed. There's no way I could have a dog right now - either in a small apartment or because of my crazy work schedule - but I would love to have a cat. If only I could convince my landlord....

Annie

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard