Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#231490 05/16/03 04:11 AM
Bumpkin Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Ok, here is something that the other thread has not taken into account, and that is how many of the readers of the boards here are fans or not of tank endings. We have a huge debate going on over the fact that there are two different povs to dealing with them. Then there is the whole view of Tank Endings after the fact. Do you mind them less when you know that the story is already done and you have read it all? Then you can go and read the Tank Ending and giggle at the different direction?

Marns
~pobody's nerfect
#231491 05/16/03 04:13 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, I voted for option three as being the nearest to my pov, although not entirely.

I really don't have much of an opinon on TEs at all. I read them with the same interest I read all fanfic. If they surprise me, fine. If they don't, fine. If they were labelled, fine. If they aren't, fine. <g> Can you sense a pattern here?

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#231492 05/16/03 05:35 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I think they are a riot! rotflol

I love them!

-Breanna

#231493 05/16/03 07:06 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by Smallville Girl:
I think they are a riot! rotflol

I love them!

-Breanna
Most definitely!
laugh
Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#231494 05/17/03 12:19 AM
Columnist
Columnist
You missed one option - I've never read one, so I don't know if I like them or not...

Melisma (admitting to her ignorance, here under her Rock)

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
#231495 05/17/03 05:21 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I didn`t vote because I didn`t really found any of the answers suitable.

For the most part I hate Tank endings, but I don`t really mind if a character is in the middle of the story injured or even killed....he just has to recover before the end.
Things like that are good for the suspense and...I hate to admit.....but I especially like fanfics were something happens to Clark and Lois begins fussing over him.
Somebody should write a fic were Clark catches a cold and Lois is nursing him back to health or something like that. I would just love it smile1

sunshine

A friend is somebody that knows everything about you and still likes you
#231496 05/17/03 06:35 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Well, I didn't vote as I thought I would. confused I was sure I would vote that I didn't like TEs. But, when I read option 4, I realized that on occaision, when in the right mood, I have enjoyed a few. Soooooooo....I voted that, even though that's not very often, I am always reluctant to say "always or never".

S (with her typical "pieces" response dizzy )

"Well, let's see, so far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, treated as your girlfriend, and I insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this. Mmm, mmm." -- Lois to Clark, 'Green, Green Glow of Home'
#231497 05/17/03 07:10 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Somebody should write a fic were Clark catches a cold and Lois is nursing him back to health or something like that. I would just love it
It's been a very long time since I read it, but I think you might find elements of what you're looking for in Yvonne Connell's Heliophobia, Sunshine.

Clark doesn't exactly have a cold, but he is sick, and I seem to remember some Lois nursing in the mix. wink

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard