Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#231406 05/09/03 03:17 AM
Saskia Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
In just a few days the nominations for the Alt Kerths will close and we haven't received too many noms until now. So I was wondering why that is. Always feel free to explain below.

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
#231407 05/09/03 03:27 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Well there is something strange with the poll counter or something. I voted, refreshed twice, and it still said that 0 people had voted - and yet when I looked at the results, it said that there had been two votes. huh

Maybe it just needs a few more minutes to catch up?

Melisma (going to bed here under her Rock - goodnight FoLCs smile )

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
#231408 05/09/03 05:33 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I think so, Mel. I've voted on a few polls before and not had the vote register immediately, so I think it just needs time to catch up.

As for the question - I'm going to try and get noms in at least in some of the categories before Sunday. But there are a lot of categories I just don't feel able to gather noms for. frown

I don't have time to go through hundreds of stories for instance, searching out fight or smoochies scenes and if I don't read everything elibigle before I nominate I feel as though I'm cheating someone who might be worthy of a nomination.

Likewise, I don't have time to go through dozens of comments folders for those categories - to be honest I wouldn't even know where to start there.

But I will nominate in the categories that I can cope with. wink

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#231409 05/09/03 08:27 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
well, i didn't nom in all the categories (a few because i didn't know the eligibles well enough, a few because i nomed from the eligibles list, not noticing that there were other categories on the full categories list), but i did send my noms in a while ago.

i'm just posting now because i thought it might be a good idea to post a link in this thread to the alt-kerths page. that way when people see the poll and feel guilty about not having nommed yet, they can immediately go to the page and get to work... laugh

so, for whoever needs it, here's the address of the alt-kerth main page:

http://www.geocities.com/alt_kerths/

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#231410 05/09/03 08:56 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, okay, I'm working on it. And it's not as hard as I assumed smile but some of those categories... eek I don't remember Kerth speeches, and the thought of going through all those logs is pretty daunting, frankly smile

And to pick the best smoochie or fight scene in hte past two years?? dizzy

But I'm trying, I promise! and I will send in whatever I can.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#231411 05/11/03 09:33 AM
Saskia Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Okay, I've received more nominations so this poll really helped. I'm just moving this back to the top so people will remember this again.

There are only just over six hours left!!

So if you were thinking of entering, hurry.

Ooh, and thanks for the link Paul. I completely forgot about that.

Saskia (from the Alt Kerth Committee)

#231412 05/13/03 05:01 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because I was off, in a completely disconnected area and I missed the deadline....can you believe that Sas?!!

You know how good I am with deadlines!

Carole

#231413 05/13/03 10:23 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I nominated but didn't get an email acknowledgement. That's okay, right? Guess there's not a real way to tell if it was received?

Thanks for doing it, Alt Kerth committee smile1

#231414 05/13/03 10:45 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
don't worry, trenna. i didn't get a confirmation email, either. i know my noms went through, though, because i happened to hear it from alt-kcomm on irc. i don't think they're sending out confirmation emails. just assume that if you sent the email and it didn't bounce that your nomination was recieved. smile

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#231415 05/13/03 11:05 AM
Saskia Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Yes, the nominations are over. As we speak, the Alt Kerth Committee is working on the shortlist, so keep looking for it. And if you haven't found time to send it noms, then don't forget to vote. That's just as important.

Trenna, your entry arrived okay. And yes, we didn't send out confirmations. We will be doing that for the voting. Good you asked, we may change it for next year.

The Alt Kerth Committee
`Anna, Jana and Saskia

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard