Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#231098 04/30/03 02:05 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I've been thinking about this for the past few days, what with *some* people having absurdly high post counts and all wink , so I thought I'd ask. How often do you post?

There's also a follow-up poll, for those who mostly lurk -- Why Lurk?

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#231099 04/30/03 05:09 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ok, I voted, but sometimes I wish pollsters wouldn't interpret their choices! For example, Fairly Often fits me exactly, but the rest of it doesn't:

"but usually I stick to commenting and/or replying; I don't tend to start threads"

I start threads fairly frequently when I'm posting a story, or if I happen to be first up on commenting about a story and the author hasn't started his/her own comments folder. And generally, I'll happily start a thread if I've got something to say!

Yvonne smile

#231100 04/30/03 05:50 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
...no known way to shut me up...
Too true! Hence the avatar. wink

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#231101 04/30/03 06:12 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
ROTFL, Rivka! I keep meaning to say that both your avatar and your sig make me laugh every time I see them. rotflol

As for the poll - I really couldn't decide which one fitted me best....

/me ducking and running very fast...

peep

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#231102 04/30/03 06:15 AM
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Well, I voted for not much so far. In the week between starting the mbs and the crash, I amassed 47 posts. But somehow I've only accumulated 8, I think, since then. It's not that I'm uninterested, I'm just in the middle of finals now and I'm spending my time studying. (okay, that's actually a blatant lie. I'm spendiny my time writing.) In any case, I've been distracted. But now that I'm slowing down with my writing, I'll be posting more.

Annie

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
#231103 04/30/03 06:26 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Originally posted by LabRat:
ROTFL, Rivka! I keep meaning to say that both your avatar and your sig make me laugh every time I see them. rotflol
/me bows

Why thank you! Always nice to have my sick... uh, weird... uh, unique sense of humor appreciated. blush

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#231104 04/30/03 06:50 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Well normally I post quite often- at least once a day but there are times, I just read or even don`t visit the boards for a while when I am really busy or something like that.

I choose Fairly often -- but usually I stick to commenting and/or replying; I don't tend to start threads `,although it`s not quite true because I also start new thread, but ahhh, what the heck razz

sunshine

A friend is somebody that knows everything about you and still likes you
#231105 04/30/03 06:53 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
yeah, i've been looking for a good opportunity to compliment your avatar, rivka. laugh

otoh, i have a friend with the same sig, so it doesn't have as much of an impact.

as for sense of humor... well, maybe it's best if i don't say anything... given my sense of humor, a compliment might hurt your reputation. wink

the main reason i'm posting, though, is to point out the not particularly surprising fact that even though the majority of members seem to be lurkers, we've yet to get one vote in the lurker collumn...

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#231106 04/30/03 10:19 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
even though the majority of members seem to be lurkers, we've yet to get one vote in the lurker collumn...
LOL, Paul! Die hard lurkers are consistent if nothing else, I suppose. So you can't expect them to fill in a poll. laugh

I guess if you look at the total post count you can see who posts A LOT! Certain names immediately pop up in my mind! goofy

Lois: Well, I like my quirks. I think they make me unique.
Clark: You certainly are unique.

Clark: You're high maintenance, you know that?
Lois: But I'm worth it!
#231107 04/30/03 11:01 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
As for the poll - I really couldn't decide which one fitted me best....
ROTFL...nice

I kind of oscillate back and forth. Right now, I picked the vote that had something to do with 'you can't shut me up' because I probably haven't shut up in the past four days LOL.

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#231108 04/30/03 10:30 PM
Blogger
Blogger
We voted for 'we poke our heads out once in a while' smile

Just to comment, once in a while.

Casey & Christine sloppy

I am a citizen of the world - Socrates
#231109 05/01/03 02:32 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I put fairly often. However I have been known to start threads, so it wasn't *entirely* accurate! I almost put 'You can't shut me up' but at the moment, I generally only post when I have something definate to say. This is probably because I visisted another mb and the the FAQ or 'read before you post' page and it had something like "make sure your post is relevant, no space wasting or whatever", so generally I only post my opinion or feedback, I haven't got the hang of random conversation (though there was an exception to this blush ). That may change tho. My other excuse is that I'm supposed to be studying and generally feel guilty for posting when I should be studying.

Loriel (who thinks this may be the start of random posts blush )

"Inappropriate attachment" didn't begin to cover the depth of the feelings Vaughn had for Sydney Bristow.
~Ties That Bind by RJ Anderson~

I ramble at http://www.livejournal.com/~loriel_eris

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard