Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#231054 04/29/03 06:46 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
And just to be fair, here's one for Lois too. (Tank, this one's for you wink )

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sorry, Tank, I've gotta go with the longer hair... <g>

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
And again, Yvonne, here there are degrees. <g> I'm definitely a fan of a longer-haired Lois, but I didn't necessarily care for all of her long styles. This one, for instance, really was too long:
[Linked Image]

- have to admit, the pyjama-like top didn't help much either! <g>

This, though, was too short:
[Linked Image]

This is my all-time favourite Lois hairstyle:
[Linked Image]

When it came to Lois's short hairstyles, part of the problem, I think, is that she didn't stick to one. She seemed to change every few weeks; some looked quite good on her, but others looked awful!

I don't think this suited her:
[Linked Image]

and I don't think this worked either:
[Linked Image]

and this made her age about 15 years in one fell swoop!
[Linked Image]

and I hate, hate, hate this one:
[Linked Image]

I did like this, though...
[Linked Image]

Shame she didn't keep it for very long!

Wendy (can't add a smilie cos I've used my 8 icons!)

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Ok, even though I voted short overall but I did want to add that I think that Lois never looked as stunning as she did in ATAI.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Hair is the perfect length, make-up, clothes and weight all come together in this episode to make her look really, really beautiful.
Ultimately I went for short because I really hate her hair through most of season 1 and think that she looks a lot younger and prettier with it cropped short as it really highlights her eyes and bone-structure (not counting the pic that Wendy posted that, I agree, does make her look about 50!)

Just my 2pence worth

Sarah-Jayne smile

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve - Still Me
Top Banana
Top Banana
[img]http://images.fotki.com/v1/photos/1/11220/95596/MXLL10-1-vi.jpg?995908744[/img]

This is my favourite Lois hairstyle (Season 2). I didn't much like the S1 style (too short), and I really disliked the short hair, especially after Bob and Carol and Lois and Clark. Ewwww. razz razz razz razz razz

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
**bows down** It was all about ATAI for me. It absolutely rocked my socks. Dear God, I didn't realize how much her hair changed until Wendy posted those short hair pics. If I didn't know any better, it would look like a bunch of stunt doubles or something LOL.

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I like Lois with long hair better, just above shoulder length is my fav.

sunshine

A friend is somebody that knows everything about you and still likes you
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
You're kidding, right?

Actually, as I've stated in the past. I've always thought that Teri looked good in the chin to just above the shoulder-length bob. I just preferred her with shorter hair. The longer her hair got the lanker, and more lifeless it seemed to get. No body or style, it just hung there like an old rag on her head.

Basically I preferred the early season 3, or late season 4 looks. 'Contact' and 'Just Say Noah' come to mind. I think my favorite look is the one she sported during the imfamous 'Steam' photo shoot.

I never cared for the curly styles, as in Tempus Anyone, and I really disliked the slicked back look she often used (I assume out of laziness). I also hated the super short red style she choose for that lame TV movie (which for the life of me I can't figure out why she did). I like it short, but with some fullness and body.

Tank the Retired (who still despairs that Teri has reverted to a super long, and lank style)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
well, i just voted for long. i prefer long, myself. looks like it's winning, too. sorry, tank.

the thing is...

am i the only folc who never particularly cared for teri's looks in general?

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Basically I preferred the early season 3, or late season 4 looks. 'Contact' and 'Just Say Noah' come to mind.
Yeah, those were very nice, come to think of it. It's ironic though, because I think her hair in Ordinary People is about the worst I've seen it (on the show, anyway).

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Top Banana
Top Banana
On the pilot, with her hair long, she looked the best she's ever looked in her life.

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I prefer the style in Season 2. Kaethel's pic is perfect, not too long, but not too short.

B
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
B
I chose other and then Kaethel's pic was exactly what I pictured in my head. Now, you've got to understand that my hair reached my knees before I cut it last year, so in my opinion Lois never had long hair! (It's got to be at below the shoulder blades to count as 'long.')

But for the degrees of Lois/Teri's hair -- I like the straight down into a bob look. A lot of her short hair cuts were just icky, but a couple were nice -- the one Wendy liked I agree with. And I liked it in the Meet John Doe episode that I caught on TNT a couple days ago.

Bethy (who actually used a pic of Lois with one of the shorter hair styles to show the stylist what she wanted when she dared to cut her hair -- very scary after 20 years with it looooooooooong)

I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it.
Features Writer
Features Writer
I chose "longer". I think her hair looked wonderful in the Pilot, and that's a beautiful picture that Wendy posted.

As others have commented, it's really amazing how much her hairstyle varied over the four years, especially during the last two. Why can't I come up with that many ways to style my hair?

Some of the short hairstyles I did think suited her very well, but others I thought were very unattractive. I don't have any pictures from it, and I almost never watch the episode because I don't like it, but I have unpleasant memories of her hair from Toy Story, which is on TNT tomorrow frown ...

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Columnist
Columnist
I voted other, cause I really didn't care how her hair was at the time. Now that I think about it, I thought her hair just seemed to suit whatever the ep was. Don't ask me to support that statement, because I haven't seen an ep in so long. It's just something I think - nothing important smile

Melisma (who *will* up her post count however possible, grinning under her Rock)

evil party

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
but I have unpleasant memories of her hair from Toy Story, which is on TNT tomorrow ...
Mine is her hairstyle in Tempus Anyone? I loathe it, don't think it flatters her at all, and that it makes her look very gaunt. It almost spoils the episode for me to the point where I can't watch and if TA wasn't such a favourite episode I probably wouldn't. Bleah.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
I voted "other" because I liked her hair both long and short. I feel that cutting her hair showed that she was maturing as a character. Maybe it's 'cause my mom has had short hair for as long as I can remember (she had the Princess Di cut before Princess Di) but I've always associated short hair with strong-willed, independant women. huh

Anne >^,,^<

"I only know how to make four things, and this is the only one without chocolate." Lois Lane "All My I've Got a Crush on You 10/24/1993
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
I voted for long hair because her S2 style is by far my favorite. (I voted for Clark's S2 style as well, I wonder if that says anything.)Kaethel and Sarah-Jayne have posted some of my favorites.

But I have to admit there there was one or two shorter styles that I thought were really flattering and made her look mature without looking old or gaunt. Wendy's bottom pic is from Just Say Noah, and that's my favorite of her short looks.

Annie

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I actually like most of the short hair cuts (except 'contact' :p ) and all of season 2 hair cuts.

-Breanna

Blogger
Blogger
Long hair, definitely. smile

I think the actress got the message too, because she let it grow again, didn't she? Some women look better with their hair cut short, others with long. Short hair didn't do anything for Lois. Okay, sometimes it wasn't that bad but it definitely made her look years older. sad

Which is curious, really, because shorter hair often makes women look younger. :rolleyes:

I'm just so sorry Teri decided to cut her hair while still playing Lois. Like LabRat says, it spoils my enjoyment of watching certain eps. It is so distracting! frown

Christine peep

I am a citizen of the world - Socrates
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard