Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#230960 04/26/03 07:02 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Okay, really it's just a "how old are you?" poll but I tried to put a positive spin on it laugh because, hey, when it comes to writing, there are advantages to every age. Don't worry if I mis-identified you... but feel free to post and explain smile

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to run away before anyone can beat me up! goofy

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm not really sure it's correct for me. Since I'm in the early twenties, I don't know how people aroun 29 act and think. But I can use my imagination... which I have plenty of.

/me ducks cuz this means I should be writing something

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Columnist
Columnist
I put the 21 to 30 age bracket. I'm really 20, but I'm so darn close to 21 that I had to put that. laugh I dunno if it helps me think like LnC, but I'm okay with other people thinking it does. wink

~Anna

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
nice poll, pam. i like the positive spin you managed to put on each category. smile

otoh, i'm just shy of 25, and i can't say i know much about being in l&c's position, not even with 2 older sisters.

mostly, i know about being me, which is a very unique experience. wink anything else, and i have to rely on where my imagination can take me.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I am in the "over 40 but not yet 50" catagory. What I have found is that when you get to be my age, you are not afraid to look people in the eye and say with a straight face "I'm totally addicted to all things superman, (fanfic, MBs, LnC, Smallville, etc) you got a problem with that????" It's good to be "older".

"Well, let's see, so far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, treated as your girlfriend, and I insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this. Mmm, mmm." -- Lois to Clark, 'Green, Green Glow of Home'
Merriwether
Merriwether
What? No 25-going-on-60? :p

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Top Banana
Top Banana
LOL! Love the descriptions, Pam.

Yvonne

B
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
B
Well, I'm 21, so technically I should know how 20-somethings think...but I don't. laugh Maybe when I really graduate from college and get a job and join the real world... Nah, I'll always be an oddity.

Great descriptions, Pam!

Bethy

I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Well, I fall into the 21 to 30 category - being 24 and all laugh . But I think my personality went straight from 12 year old to 30 year old. Never really went through the teenage rebellion or the college party stages of my life, so maybe I'm missing important life experiences? :p Dunno, I'll just go with what I've got. <g>

Jill goofy

Beaker: Special Talents: Scientific assistant, Victim
Last Book Read: "1001 Meeps to a Bigger Vocabulary"
Quote: "Meep! Meep! Meep!"
Never Leaves Home Without: Medical Coverage
Blogger
Blogger
LOL,interesting poll smile1

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
<whining> But you see, those of us who were adults in the 1960's don't necessarily remember them!
cool
Artemis the old fart shock

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by DocJill:
Well, I fall into the 21 to 30 category - being 24 and all laugh . But I think my personality went straight from 12 year old to 30 year old. Never really went through the teenage rebellion or the college party stages of my life, so maybe I'm missing important life experiences? :p Dunno, I'll just go with what I've got. <g>

Jill goofy
What?! I was supposed to rebel during my teenage years?! Whoops. Well I've still got about 10 more months to do something stupid. Meanwhile, I checked the under 20 vote, but I wouldn't exactly call myself full of fresh ideas and energy. It's more like bad jokes and sleep deprivation. :p

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
I answered "31-40" in the poll (a definite minority at 12%) because my usual answer was not available. When people ask me how old I am, I tell them 20-16. thumbsup

Anne >^,,^<

"I only know how to make four things, and this is the only one without chocolate." Lois Lane "All My I've Got a Crush on You 10/24/1993
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Well I marked the 21-30 as I’m going to be the grand old age of 22 in a few weeks! frown (I don't want to get old!) But it was really weird thinking that I am the same category as Lois and Clark, as always think of them as so much older and wiser, maybe because I watched the series when it originally aired and was between the ages of 12-16.
Although I’m not sure that I know how 20 somethings think, I’m not that sure I know how I think! smile1

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve - Still Me
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Not that I want to make a point to tell you all my age, but I am glad to say I am still under 20 laugh laugh razz

A friend is somebody that knows everything about you and still likes you
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks, everyone who's voted... the results are fascinating. I wasn't surprised at all the twenty-somethings <g> But I'd dearly love to know why we have more FOLCs in their 40s than we do in their 30s... huh

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Merriwether
Merriwether
Give me a year, and I'll be in the 30s...

/me scratches head

How did that happen, anyway? wink

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Well my age group is a minority, under 20 club. I'm 16 living in the suburbs, but attending high school in the ghetto, weird huh?

Ja-10(who witnesses a bit too much violence at his school, and when a fight breaks out, watches all the students run to see who wins)

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard