Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
I can't believe 20 people don't like "Ghosts". I mean, the characters from the "Drew Carrey Show" totally make the episode. Okay, I'm kidding. Actually, I hated "Ghosts." But like I said yesterday, I have to stand up for Drew Carrey because he is from my hometown and his show is set there, too. And the original theme song for the show "Moon over Parma" is probably the only time that my little suburb Parma, Ohio was ever mentioned on TV wink . But i guess even that doesn't help my opionion that "Ghosts" was a bad episode frown

- Alicia smile1

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow, I knew I liked Tempus Fugitive a lot, but I hadn't realized it was quite this popular <g> At the time I checked, it had 26 votes; the next most popular had 20 votes.

Overall, pretty much what I'd expect. Although I was surprised to see "Ghosts" as more hated than the non-wedding ARRGH -- and those five seem to have a nice bell curve going <g>

This was a great idea for a poll! smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
It looks like most of the ones I like, other people like too - big surprise. <G> Oh, and I voted based on 'favourites' and 'non-favourites' too. wink

And I'm not surprised that Tempus Fugitive is still leading the pack (with 27 as of right now). It's the episode that got me hooked on the show, so YAY!!! razz Although when I go through and rewatch the whole series...I usually run out of time and energy by the time I get halfway through the 4th season anyway, so I don't make it to Ghosts or Toy Story anyway. <G>

I guess that's something that's different for me...While I absolutely adore fic and hanging out here on the boards and on IRC - I still absolutely adore the show too, and watch it whenever I get a chance. Sure there's things that make me cringe in some episodes, but there's so much more that I like, I just have to watch it.

Pam said:
Although I was surprised to see "Ghosts" as more hated than the non-wedding ARRGH
I think the thing with the wedding ARRGH...it has some really good writing in it, and while it sure as heck didn't lead to the happy wedding/marriage that we all wanted, and sometimes it felt like we were beating our heads against the wall, and most of the time we were wishing we were beating the ABC execs heads against the wall...where was I going with this? Oh, yeah, there were some very good moments in it (especially if you like Angst - then you've hit the jackpot!) and it did keep us on the edge of our seats waiting to see where it would finally go.

I really don't like it very much, just because it was so much of a painful, futile circle, (and the whole Dieter thing made me want to poke my eyes out), but I can understand that there are some strong points within the ARRGH that appeal on some level. And if I'm in the right mood (you know, the depressed, masochistic mood), I do actually like to go back and watch some of it. laugh

And I'm really just posting here to bump up my post numbers. <eg>

Jill goofy

Beaker: Special Talents: Scientific assistant, Victim
Last Book Read: "1001 Meeps to a Bigger Vocabulary"
Quote: "Meep! Meep! Meep!"
Never Leaves Home Without: Medical Coverage
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I think it is interesting that the following episodes are nearly 50 50 in respect to like or not.

All the following are within 1 or 2 of each other.

I didn't count those that only three votes between them.

A Bolt From the Blue
Bob and Carol and Lois and Clark
It's a Small World After All
Metallo
Stop the Presses
Target: Jimmy Olsen
The People vs. Lois Lane
Vatman

James, who is totally baffled that so many individuals think Toy Story was so bad!

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
James, who is totally baffled that so many individuals think Toy Story was so bad!
me too, james, especially given that seasons greetings, the one with the absolutely horrible (imho) version of the toyman is coming up as one of the best... i still can't believe they dared put the name "winslow schott" on that character.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
LOL, Paul. I somewhat suspect that the liking has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the aplot of SG and everything to do with the bplot. wink

LabRat smile (there was a toy maker in that one? Who knew? <g>)

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I think the thing with the wedding ARRGH...it has some really good writing in it, and while it sure as heck didn't lead to the happy wedding/marriage that we all wanted, and sometimes it felt like we were beating our heads against the wall, and most of the time we were wishing we were beating the ABC execs heads against the wall...where was I going with this? Oh, yeah, there were some very good moments in it (especially if you like Angst - then you've hit the jackpot!) and it did keep us on the edge of our seats waiting to see where it would finally go.
Well, I'd argue with you on the "good writing" part <g> but then, I'm looking at the big picture and how the plots worked (or not! razz ) -- I'll agree there were some cute scenes in each of those.

And I have to confess that I kinda enjoy Oedipus Wrecks, though I fast-forward through the teaser wink But the bit at the end always has me jumping up and yelling "YES!" <g>

My kids are getting used to bizarre behavior from me wink

On the whole though, I have to agree with the writer of OW: "Well, that was pointless. Long, but pointless."

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
And I have to confess that I kinda enjoy Oedipus Wrecks, though I fast-forward through the teaser But the bit at the end always has me jumping up and yelling "YES!" <g>

My kids are getting used to bizarre behavior from me
Me too, Pam! Only it's my roommate that is starting to get used to my strange antics in front of the TV.

And that line from OW is probably my favorite line from the entire ARRGH. So perfectly fitting - you can tell even the writers were frustrated by that point. laugh

Jill goofy

Beaker: Special Talents: Scientific assistant, Victim
Last Book Read: "1001 Meeps to a Bigger Vocabulary"
Quote: "Meep! Meep! Meep!"
Never Leaves Home Without: Medical Coverage
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
okay, this poll has been cool, and very interesting.

i think we should do one like this for fics.

so, who wants to type in the 2086 titles from the archives? laugh

Paul, running like heck [Linked Image]

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
BanAnna Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
so, who wants to type in the 2086 titles from the archives?
/me nominates Paul. Go for it!

~Anna (who is also running like heck now [Linked Image])

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
okay, this poll has been cool, and very interesting.

i think we should do one like this for fics.
Hey, great idea, Paul! We'd have to subdivide things a little bit, though, maybe break them up by the year they were posted, or even break it down further into categories... and hey! We could call it the Kerths! goofy

Although actually a poll here would likely produce many many many ties, which would be cool, too. Hmm, have to think about that for next year....

PJ cool

"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
S
Blogger
Blogger
S
Lol, Paul; I second Anna's nomination.

It would be fun to see which story would turn out to be the favorite of all the fics that have been written to date. How about a new category for the Kerths, Pam: Best Story of All Time? goofy But what would we do if the same story kept winning year after year? wink

It made perfect sense, and I think you explained it amazingly!!
Thanks, RetroRose; I wasn't sure if I was babbling or not. goofy

Shadowfax

Top Banana
Top Banana
especially if you like Angst - then you've hit the jackpot!
Well, no, Jill, because it was such totally and completely artificially-generated angst. Good angst, if there is such a thing <g>, grows organically from a developing situation. Replacing Lois with a clone was a very clumsy plot-device, IMHO - like taking a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

Yvonne
(Wondering if that phrase about people in glass houses might apply to her at this point <g>)

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard