Next Thread
Print Thread
#230832 08/28/13 10:41 AM
S
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
S
I posted a message yesterday. Today I tried to correct an error and hit the Quote icon instead of the Edit icon, so I created another post. Which made me realize that I have no idea how one deletes a post. This isn't a big issue, but I'm curious.

Thanks

Shallowford
#230833 08/28/13 07:23 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
When I've done this, instead of hitting "add reply" button, I just hit the back button on my browser window to get back to previous screen. I think once you hit "add reply" and it has posted to the threat, it's in LabRat's (or other moderator's) capable hands.

Also, if you've already started typing in the box and don't want to lose what you've written, just copy and paste it on the correct page (I use this technique when I answer FDK, often combining more than one FDK post to another).

But if you've already hit the "add reply" button, if you go back and edit the wrongly quoted to read "Please delete, double post" or something of the sort, Labby will take care of that as well... if she catches it. wink

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#230834 08/28/13 08:27 PM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yes, you can edit your post, but only an admin/mod can delete it.

No worries, though - you guys are so well-behaved and self-run this place so smoothly, we have very little to do, so a little work to justify our existance, every now and then, is always welcome. laugh

If you need a post deleted, just email/PM me and I'll get right on it.

If it's something really embarrassing that you feel needs removing urgently, just edit the post, blank out the text and leave a message along the lines Virginia has ably covered until I get there.

Oh, and I've deleted your double post in that thread. wink

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#230835 09/03/13 06:17 AM
S
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
S
Thank you for the deletion. I don't understand it but somehow previewing the post isn't the same as seeing it in the thread and I usually catch issues just after hitting "post".

Shallowford

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard