Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
The Nook Simple Touch is currently on offer in the UK at £29. It seems to have a lot of features I want, but I'm not quite sure if I can download files on my PC (e.g. from the archive) and transfer them to the Nook (or to a micro SD and put that into the Nook), or have to use the Barnes and Noble marketplace interface. Anyone know?

Later - got a reply elsewhere, appears to be fine for my needs so I've ordered one.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I have a Nook Color and can download epub documents straight to it from the Archives. It much easier to read longer stories from a Nook (or eReader) than sitting for hours on end staring at a computer screen which doesn't have a bookmarking option.

I don't know how the Color differentiates Simple Touch (it's possible that they just have a different name over in Europe). To delete files / stories I've read, I plug my Color into my computer and take them off that way.

Actually, I use my Nook more for Archive reading than actual "published" book reading (I don't know. It's just me, something about not wanting to PAY for something electronic I cannot hold in my hand and thumb thru at my leisure). I've even "rented" books from the library and downloaded some Agatha Christies from Free sites (not that I've had time to read them. blush )

The biggest advice I have is to turn off the WiFi option whenever not in use, because it will continue to "search" for WiFi even when the Nook is supposedly "turned off" and will drain the battery. frown

I hope you enjoy your new Nook!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Sorry - for some reason I didn't see your reply until today. I hope to enjoy the Nook but I'm still waiting for delivery - it was supposed to be today (I think a LOT of people took up the offer and they got swamped) but the courier didn't ring the right doorbell. Hopefully I'll be getting it at work tomorrow (well, today now).

Marcus L. Rowland
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Received and it's very nice - had no problems uploading my library, screen is a lot better than my elderly Sony, it's also faster on things like moving from one book to another. Still learning my way around its functions, but so far I'm very pleased.

Marcus L. Rowland
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I love the Nook for reading fanfics.

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard