Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
And now, for the next chapter of "What's Going On with the Message Boards?". The Message Boards wouldn't load for me this afternoon, using either Firefox or IE9. I tried what Mrs. Luthor had suggested, and deleted cookies. (I couldn't believe how many of them I have for websites I had only visited once to do research for a story or hadn't visited in at least 6 months! Usually when I delete cookies I use that button that states "delete history and cookies". Clearly, this button HADN'T been doing exactly that. This time though, I deleted the cookies individually.)

This seemed to do the trick, dance , so I thought, as the Folder Page or http://www.lcficmbs.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php page loaded quickly and easily. laugh

That's when I realized I couldn't access any page that didn't have any new threads added within the last few hours. I was party

I'm glad and, yet at the same time saddened, that others of you have been experiencing some the same problems as me (so, at least, the Message Boards haven't taken a personal dislike to that person who posts something at the drop of a hat. blush namely ME). Misery loves company, but I hate that any of us have been made miserable by this place, which usually make us (well, it does me, at any rate) so happy.

Anyway, all is well at the moment, and may it continue to be so for the foreseeable future.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
I hope it's still here too. I was having this problem yesterday but at least today I haven't been having that issue, (thank god.)

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
I wasn't able to get online from 5:30am until just now (8:36am in midwest).

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
I had trouble this morning too. It wouldn't load at all earlier today.

Joan

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I had trouble coming onto the Boards again this evening. I cleared my history or cookies, or something, but it still wouldn't let me on. So, I logged out of FireFox, went and had dinner and watched some TV, and then came back.

Able to get on boards ( dance ), but for some reason the message notifications didn't show up for posts to my threads until 1-2 *hours!* after they posted here. huh I even checked my spam folder (no LnC stuff). Then I tested my Gmail to see if it was Gmail problem by e-mailing myself, but my e-mail came right through.

So, what are your thoughts? Mxy? Tempus? Jaxon? Ides of Metropolis?

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Features Writer
Features Writer
I was thinking... it could be a problem with the server.

Maybe it's getting more traffic (for some other site), and it's affecting our side as well.

malu

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I emailed Annette when they went down the first time and she thinks it was just a server glitch. They happen. Normally our server is pretty stable but if it continues to happen, obviously we'll need to have a rethink. Let's hope they just had a bad weekend. wink

LabRat :-)

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
For another data point, I've had no trouble with speed or loading or reading. I use Firefox. My sympathies to you all, but I thought it was important data to note it is not bad for everyone. confused (Now just wait and I'll have troubles. It is always so, Grasshopper!)
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by malu:
I was thinking... it could be a problem with the server.

Maybe it's getting more traffic (for some other site), and it's affecting our side as well.

malu
Malu, I wondered about that, but that's above my knowledge base. I figure if we leaving the data here on this thread, someone will figure out what's going on eventually.

Artemis, I started using FireFox after Mrs. Luthor suggested it. I like the extra spellcheck while I'm on the boards. laugh Although, I'm not quite used to the way the bookmarks are set up here. I set it up to erase all cookies when I exit out of Firefox completely and we'll see if that helps. It's just possible that the boards like some members better. wink Either that or yes, you just jinxed yourself.

MXY: hyper Time to add Artemis to my list! clap

VirginiaR.
---
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOL! razz Yeah, I thought of that when I posted. So far, so good. My only problem, so far, has been when my earthlink goes down. And that's clear that's the cause because the little lights stop blinking!.
regards
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard