Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
So I was just online using my battery and I was clicking on a link but I have it where you have to hold hte Ctrl and Alt keys to get a new page to come up to stop pop ups from getting one my laptop.

But my wifi wouldn't connect it picked up the rounter but not the internet. So I disconneted reconnected to try again.

So then when I meant to hit Ctrl and Alt I instead hit Fn and Atl and the my laptop screen got darker and then my task bar disappeared. I hit Fn and Alt a few times to try to fix this problem. Finally the screen got brighter and the task bar came back up fine.

But somehow my backgroud pic disappeared off the screen and the default one showed up instead. So I restarted the laptop incase that would fix it but it didn't.

So I did a system restore once that was completed the backgroud picture still wasn't there. I also did a check through system restore for any infected programs but none came up.

The internet once again connected then I did a virus scan update and scanned my laptop found nothing. Then did a cookie scan found one got rid of it.

So far the laptop is acting fine but I'm worried that this could be the start of something bad happening.

Has anyone heard of any virus or anything else going around that acts like that?

Love Is the One Thing That Never Ends.
Kerth
Kerth
On a lot of laptops combinations of function / alt and other keys control screen brightness etc. - could it be something like that? Also, F11 (which I'd imagine is function plus another key on your laptop) gives programs the full screen with no task bar etc., could that be part of it?

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
That might have been part of it I think yes. But I also think it was a Windows glitch as well because it did it again this morning it had on the task bar where you're icons let you know what's files or windows you have open in little pictures.

Well at first today they weren't picture but instead like in Windows XP they were just a list. They stayed like for a few minutes then the laptop's screen got darker then lighter and then the pictures returned instead of a list.

Now I've run once again a virus scan and cookie scan and only found one cookie delete it.

For the rest of the day I have not had any problems at all. I'm just worried I will have to reload Windows on my laptop if this keeps happening.

And I am not looking forward to that at all. Because I got this laptop and it had been upgrade to Windows 7. So I would have to not just reinstall but then upgrade as well.

Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
It once again had alittle glitch this morning on start up it took longer then normal and the screen on load up kept going blank with the default background coming up until it fully load then my background picture showed up.

I know I've seen people talk about running a fix or something without having to reinstall Windows 7 fully. So if anyone know anything about that let me know please.

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard