Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
I got the problem fixed.

Love Is the One Thing That Never Ends.
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
I thought I had the problem fixed but don't.

Everytime I turn off or restart my laptop it's takes forever to get the browsers up and running. I've had to turn off my wifi two or three times keep disconnect and then finally the browser loaded the page. Both IE 8 and FireFox won't load until I do this.

I downloaded Sprint Smartview yesterday again and this started again.

I've tried looking online to see if their having any trouble with Spirit smartview and IE or FireFox but haven't seen any.

I'm moving soon and won't be able to get online inless I can go through my cell phone which is a Samsung Rant.

Features Writer
Features Writer
Have you checked the Internet configuration in your laptop, to see if the Connection configuration is correct?

I've never used Smartview.

malu

Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
no how do you do that? I`m on my little dsi right now can't get the laptop to work.

Features Writer
Features Writer
Normally, you can go to either the Control Panel->Internet Options and select the "Connections" tab. I think the modem you are using should be in the "Dial-Up" window. I think this should work for both IE and Firefox, but I can't be sure.

Could I ask you to give a detailed explanation of how you connect to the Internet with the Smartview? What type of device you use? What do you have to do with the laptop to connect to the Internet? Do you have to plug in something and then activate some software? As I mentioned before, I don't use Smartview, so any information may be helpful to understand what is happening.

malu

Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm using my Samsung Rant and with a Usb plug.

I'm still having trouble with IE8 and FireFox I have to keep opening broswers and then disconnect and keep opening the broswers until one would load.

Features Writer
Features Writer
I found some websites saying that you don't have to use Smartview to connect with USB Modem. All you need is to download and install the modem and USB drivers from some website (depends on carrier) and then have it dial some special number (connection as dial-up).

I can't give you any more details since I don't use it, but have you tried contacting Sprint for help, and explaining in detail what you are doing?

Sorry I can't help more.

malu

Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm going to have to call Sprint when I have free time and asks them if I can just some how connect without Smart View.

Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
It seems to be working now I was on the phone with Sprint just yesterday for a different reason and they told me when I asked if they were having trouble with IE8 that they had fixed that problem and low and behold my broswers are working right again.

Features Writer
Features Writer
Great! thumbsup

Glad you got the problem solved.

malu

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard