Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#230350 06/02/09 01:19 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
My laptop once again has started acting up. I've saved my docs and pics and now I'm just waiting for when I have to reload Vista.

I've done this twice before but then I had help from Toshiba now I won't.

I have a Toshiba Satellite A135-S7404 with Vista Basic. I have the Vista disk that come with the laptop so that won't be a problem God willing.

What I need help with is how do you start the reloading once I get that started I'm pretty sure I can do that rest. I know that sometimes it asks different questions on what to click what I've remembered is you just always click on the what is highlighted.

It's been almost a year since the last time I had to reload Vista so my memory is alittle off on this.

And before anyone asks I have done virus scans and nothing has been found on my laptop. I've done a system restore and so far it's helped alittle bit.

The trouble I've been having is my clock stops working and I can't exit out of any tab and the laptop will not shut off only manually.

I've been having to do a system restore usually once a twice a month for the last year because my google search box disappears on my task bar for no reason this is usually the first sign of trouble for Vista that I had noticed when I had to reload it before so I keep trying to make sure this doesn't happen.

I blame most of my trouble with Vista on not having enough Ram.

Love Is the One Thing That Never Ends.
#230351 06/02/09 02:37 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Is there anything specific that you do before this freeze happens, or is it random?

malu

#230352 06/02/09 03:02 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
I think you just put the disk in the drive and say yes when it asks you if you want to 'boot from disk'. I've reinstalled Vista a number of times [business version iirc] and that's how I did it. However, you'll want to search for how much room it takes up to make sure you have enough. Not sure why, but I didn't have enough once while Vista was being really stinky [or it may have been the hardware replaced later by Acer] and had to go in and delete a bunch of stuff [backed up but not the point]. IIRC it's quite a GB hog on the HD... And it didn't give me an 'overwrite' option where it overwrites the old Vista files, only stashing them somewhere else and then adding the new Vista to it...

Carol

#230353 06/05/09 10:41 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
It starts frezze up when ever I plug in the laptop after running it from the battery.
It never use to do this. So now I'm wondering if something is wrong with the laptop or is it just Vista glicthing?

#230354 06/16/09 03:52 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
I've been having nothing but trouble I think I might have to reload Vista soon. So if anyone knows how to do this please let me know.

I'm getting a new Ac adapter for my laptop in the mail soon so that's one problem down. But my laptop has been not responding and then I have to manuel shut it down and then restart.

#230355 06/20/09 05:10 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
You can do a search online about reinstalling Vista (clean install). There are even pages from Microsoft which explain how to do it. Here's one I found on Google:

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/help/e77344fa-e978-464c-953e-eba44f0522671033.mspx

One thing they mention is that you might need to have your computer boot from the CD/DVD drive. Make sure your computer is set up for that by going to the BIOS setup (when the computer starts) and change that option. You might need to find specific help for that.

If you are planning on doing a clean reinstall, remember that it deletes ALL the files in your computer, so make a backup of the files you want to keep before you start.

Good luck!

malu

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard