Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#230347 04/16/09 09:12 AM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
I use a Toshiba Portegeé but when I wanted to restart it because of a Windows update.
While booting up it showed an error something like "Boot disc error to restart press *ctrl* *alt* *del* but when I did that the same procedure started anew...
Please does anyone know what I can do?
If it can*t get fixed how can I restore the data there are many things I don't wanna lose!
whinging whinging whinging

Kathryn
#230348 04/17/09 02:25 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Uh oh . . . Unless you've got a CD in the CD-Rom drive which isn't a Windows CD (in which case, if you take it out, the computer should boot normally), you might have a dead hard drive. If I remember correctly, that message is what a computer I once had said when the hard drive died--I know the drive died, because my dad basically fixes computers for a living.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
#230349 04/17/09 08:00 AM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Super, just my luck! frown

My brother just said to me that the HDDs made by this company is known for something like this... if I'd known that some time earlier...

Thanks for answering DSDragon smile

Kathryn

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard