Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#230296 11/07/08 08:00 PM
Squirky Offline OP
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
Okay, so I haven't seen this posted anywhere for Premiere, so I decided to start the topic. I have some great ideas for a few MVs, but I don't know how to work Adobe's Premiere so well - I'm not sure how to go about splicing videos apart and back together again without losing the video piece. I'd use it, but the Windows generic movie maker, for some reason unknown to me, doesn't like my computer. grumble

If I only had a Mac . . .

I'm pretty tech-savvy, so even a more detailed explanation would be most helpful and appreciated! Thanks, y'all! smile

I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind.
Some come from ahead and some come from behind.
But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see.
Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!
~Dr. Seuss
#230297 11/09/08 06:34 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
LOL! I do have a Mac and yet I got myself Premiere for Mac because I don't like iMovie (and :coughs:Idon'tknowhowtouseit:coughs:). And Premiere just rocks laugh

I kinda know my way around Premiere, at least that's what the guys giving me fdk for my vids say... but... I don't really know what you're asking for.
I learnt how to work with Premiere simply by try & error, so... if you use how to use the razor (to cut the videos) and how to drag and drop the parts, you pretty much know the most important stuff.

You can send me PMs for specific questions, though... or if you have MSN, I'm on about 24/7 wink

Jana

"Maybe I know what it's like, trying to find fulfillment in the wrong person. Trying to fit into the mold others expect of you."

"Looking for love" by DC Lady
#230298 11/11/08 05:55 PM
Squirky Offline OP
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
Lol! Okay, cool! I have an archaic version, but it should be the same.

The razor, you say? I'll try! Thanks! smile

I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind.
Some come from ahead and some come from behind.
But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see.
Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!
~Dr. Seuss
#230299 11/16/08 08:57 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
LOL - sorry, yeah. Somehow I read your initial post as if you already knew that you need to use the razor.

Basically, you can just as well press Ctrl + K - that does the trick and is a lot less effort after hours of vidding. This will cut your video on the place where the red marker is. Just, pay attention: It'll cut all the mattes, i.e. possibly the audio file, too... No big deal if you don't drag around the pieces of the file but you could avoid that in securing the audio matte (there's a lock symbol somewhere on the left...)

As for the rest... I guess I could fairly easily give a course in how to use Premiere but it's hard to explain without the program and without knowing what you wanna know.

So, yeah, I'd suggest you try out a bit and you can bug me with questions wink

Jana

"Maybe I know what it's like, trying to find fulfillment in the wrong person. Trying to fit into the mold others expect of you."

"Looking for love" by DC Lady

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard