Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#230247 10/15/08 02:47 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Help! Windows media player won’t play my LnC dvds that I ripped a while back. I never had a problem before but I was in the mood for a bit of Superman last night and when I opened it, all I got was sound. No picture. Anyone know what that’s about? It seems like it should be easy to fix, like I’ve un/clicked something I shouldn’t have. I burned a video clip for my sister last month and this is the first time since then I’ve tried to play these - it’s all of my ripped dvds. The sample vids that came with the computer play fine.
Can anyone help me get a picture back? I’m not exactly computer savvy, but I’ve fiddled around a bit and can’t solve it. Thanks.

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
#230248 10/15/08 03:23 AM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Hmm... My WMP won't play some of my DVDs. I needed something that played... something else. I forget if it was an mpeg thing or a different codec or what, but I can't use WMP - I have to use PowerDVD or something like that.

/shrug huh
Carol

#230249 10/15/08 05:46 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
It says in the left hand corner 'acquiring codec'... 'codec acquired' before it starts playing. Don't know what that means or even if it's always done that? I feel like I should be changing the visualisation because the screen is just black, but I don't want album art or spider's last moment, I want a picture! frown

I recently uninstalled the software I used to copy them in the first place. Should that make any difference? I didn't think I was using it for anything.

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
#230250 10/15/08 05:58 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Uninstalling the software may have uninstalled the codec. You'll have to find out which codec it was and re-install it. There's a few programs out there that will tell you which codec a file uses. A quick search pulled up AVICodec , but I haven't tried it, so can't tell you how useful it is.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard