Next Thread
Print Thread
B
Bethy Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
B
So, I have a laptop that is not quite a year old. It's got a wireless card in the computer itself, rather than one I can take out. It was working fine and then recently, it's started refusing to connect to wireless networks.

It shows the network. It shows the signal strength. I click and it either: a) does nothing or b) says "please wait while Windows connects to the "NAME" network." And then sits there, trying to connect...trying to connect...trying to connect...and then doesn't connect.

Before, it was only doing this with very low strength signals so I figured that the strength was honestly too low for it to connect (despite it having connected at that level before).

Now it's started doing it with full strength signals. Both open and locked ones (and the locked is a school one that I have a key for and have been connecting to all the time without problem).

Any ideas? Is this a problem with my computer? With the card in my computer? Am I just nuts? (Well, that's a given, but am I nuts about *this* issue?)

Thanks in advance!

Bethy

I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it.
Columnist
Columnist
Not having wireless I'm just guessing that it might be your wireless card. If you know someone that has an external card that you could borrow just long enough for a test - like with them sitting there. You need to go in and disable your card, install their's and see if it works. If it does it is your internal card. If it doesn't work you definitely need to take it in for repairs. Hope this helps.

Oh this wasn't my bright idea it is something they tell you to do to determine hardware problems if you take the HP Computer classes on line.

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard