Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#230018 01/17/08 06:57 AM
sheilah Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
I have tried several times to update my profile and remove the homepage in my signature (which no longer exists), but the program keeps giving me this response:

The date you provided does not seem to be valid. It may be a date in the future or a date that does not exist. Please ensure that you have filled out the form correctly.

I didn't provide a date. All I did was erase the bottom line of my signature. What am I doing wrong?

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
Top Banana
Top Banana
Have you tried filling in your birthday? That's the only date I could find in the profile. And if you don't want the birthday known wildly, uncheck the box beneath it.

It's possible that field is required now. It makes checking the Nfic requests easier.

Saskia smile

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Try it now, Sheila. I erased the url from your sig, but I also filled in the 'flyby registration' field with a generic 'LNC fan'.

This field is required. If it's left blank, any changes to your profile won't take. (It's blank in your profile, of course, because it's a field that was added after you joined the forum, so you never had the opportunity to fill it in.) Although, usually, it simply doesn't make them. I've not seen it throw up the error message you got.

But filling it in seemed to do the trick, so...

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Features Writer
Features Writer
Not providing a birth date (or selecting the blank fields) gives the error message Sheila got. Maybe the birth date field should be in bold (as for "required field")?

malu

sheilah Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thanks, FoLCs. I discovered the need for filling out the "why are you signing up" question when I was trying to update it earlier. But every time I filled that in, it would give me the error message I posted earlier.

For some reason, I had never noticed the birthdate choice, but I filled it out this time, and the program accepted the update, so maybe that was it. In any case, my profile is updated now. Thanks again.

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard