Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#229660 06/25/07 10:43 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Okay I've ranted about this before here but I was wondering if anyone here knew if you have a touch pad could that be what is causing my Dell Inspiron B130 from working with a mouse? I've tried two now both had window pop up warnings saying if I didn't stop trying to download a update from online to get the mouse to work that my laptop wouldn't work right now are at some point in the future?

The mouse did show up but just wouldn't work. So I took it back. Now I did one time try to hook up a printer but I didn't have all the inters. on how to hook the printer up at the time and it didn't work.

I just asking if anyone knows somethings I could do to try and fix this problem.

Love Is the One Thing That Never Ends.
#229661 07/02/07 04:01 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Have you installed new hardware before. You say you didn't install your printer so I don't know if you know anything about installing hardware. If you do then it is real basic. Before plugging in your mouse boot up your computer. When it is running plug in the mouse. You should get a "found new hardware" box on your desktop and it will ask if you want to install. You would say yes and follow the instructions. Hopefully your USB mouse came with a CD that have drivers for your mouse use that instead of searching your C drive for drivers - they will be old outdate. Once it is installed you will find your touchpad no longer works. That is only when the mouse is plugged in. Once the mouse is working - maybe not well but working go to the Control Panel and click on Mouse. There you can configure some of the functions of the mouse so it works more to your liking.

If you need further help email me with specific questions.

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard