Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Raven Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
to make Mvids? I was using WMM but it keeps freezing up on me and it's driving me insane.
I tried Pinnicle but most of the files I want to use are in wmv format and Pinnicle only takes avi so that's no help.
Any other programs besides those two?

And as the raven flies she feels unwelcome
She's fallen out of her tree and caught on a limb of silver lining
Her wings uncertain, oh, but she's still flying
Yeah, little Raven I see you there
P
Columnist
Columnist
P
There is a lot of other programs. I particularly recommend Adobe premiere (version pro is better, but there is a version "Elements" if you're not too used to use this kind of softwares). That's my favourite.

But iff you prefer a software very easy to use, you can try Ulead Video Studio too. It's as easy to use as WMM but it can do a little more things.

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
to make Mvids? I was using WMM but it keeps freezing up on me and it's driving me insane.
Yeah, tell us about it. When it works it's a marvellous little program. But, boy, does it like its hissy fits. Many's the time doing my music vid for the DVD that I was near to tossing the pc out of the window. razz

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Columnist
Columnist
Ulead Video Studio , Pinnacle Studio Plus , Adobe Premiere Elements all offer free trial versions if you want to download those before deciding which to buy. Each of them retails for under $100, which is pretty good considering that some programs can run you over $1000.

I've used WMM for a few years and I'm fed up with it. I did some research and I'm gonna download each of these three trial versions to try them out. I'm currently using Ulead and I like it okay. I haven't really vidded with it yet, just sort of been playing around, but it hasn't been too hard to learn so far. I haven't tried the other two programs yet.

Hope that helps. smile

~Anna

Raven Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Thank you so much! I can't take WMM any longer. Every time I start something, I either have to start again because it freezes or it freezes while I'm working. It's really frustrating!
I think I'll try Ulead for now. Thanks again!

And as the raven flies she feels unwelcome
She's fallen out of her tree and caught on a limb of silver lining
Her wings uncertain, oh, but she's still flying
Yeah, little Raven I see you there
Features Writer
Features Writer
I currently use Vegas 6. There's a 60 day trial that you can use if you wanna test it out, but the retail price is around 400 buckaroonies. I'm sure that, since 6 came out you can find version 5 for cheaper. I didn't really see much of a difference there, though.

I had problems with WMM freezing up when I used it as well. :p And I like Vegad better because I can insert one video clip in the middle of a song and have NOTHING else if I wanted to! BWAHAHA!!

Ahem...

But yeah, that's what I use. laugh

ETA: Erm, I forgot to link to Vegas first time 'round. Whoopsies!

Vegas 6

And I scoped out a bit around Ebay, and it seems you can buy just Vegas 6 for about 200...

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard