Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Hi!

I was hoping someone could help me - thx.

I am trying to do a print screen in Excel. I'm using a Megastat plug in.

Say for example, I go 'insert' - 'cell' and a new little window opens up. I wish to make a screen print.

I followed the instructions and nothing happens.

These are the abbreviated instructions given by Windows XP Home Edition:
To make a copy of the active WN, press ALT + PRINT SCREEN.
To copy the entire screen as it appears on your monitor, press PRINT SCREEN.

I am using a hp pavilion labtop, hp psc 2110 all-in-one printer and XP.

Can anyone help as to why this is not working for me?

I've never had luck getting this function to work for me. This goes back ten years!!!!!! Boy do I feel dumb. blush

Cheers,
Roo

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Are you trying to get the screen to print to an actual printer? Because that is not what the "print screen" button does. What it does is copy your screen at that exact moment into the computer's clipboard. You can then paste the contents somewhere else, say into MS Paint and create a .bmp image with it. It's extremely handy for copying pictures and such off the internet that you cannot save because of copyright restrictions, etc. If that function is not working properly for you, then I'm stumped. Just thought you might make the common mistake of thinking the "print screen" button actually is connected to your printer (I never understood why they couldn't call it something else!). wink

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." Chris Reeve

"Whatever comes our way, whatever battle we have raging inside us, we always have a choice. It's the choices that make us who we are, and we can always choose to do what's right." Peter Parker

DON'T DOUBT THE ROUTH
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Hmmm, gee it isn't!?!

Man, I always wanted to be able to do what you just described!

I guess I can bring it into word or paint and just 'paste' and it should magically appear?

Well thanks for letting me know that b/c I never knew that. In the past I just reached the point where I pressed the button and nothing happened so I went and did something else, no questions asked.

Cool.

Cheerio.

Columnist
Columnist
There is a free program you can download that prints screen. I'll find it and tell you where you can download it from in the next day or so.

Columnist
Columnist
To get the print key program I mention go to:

1. www.pcworld.com

2. click on downloads

3. click on Utilities

scroll down the screen and you should see a program listed as Print Screen. I believe this is the program I have. It prints whatever you have on your desktop the way the print key use to. There are all sorts of program you can download from PC World. Some are free, some ask for donates and some are trial versions. They also have to different sticky note programs that put posted notes on your desk top that are cool.

Anyway any problem posted here, I'll check in so see if there is anything I need to clarify for you.

Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Cool. Thanks!

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard