Print Thread
#228624 01/16/05 05:41 AM
M
metwin1 Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
M
I downloaded a video whose audio was not synchronised with the video track. The audio is about 7 seconds ahead. I've never done video editting before. Which programs do you recommend? Are there certain video formats which cannot be editted?

#228625 01/17/05 02:37 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Are you trying to edit the video or just play it, Metwin1?

I don't know anything about editing, but if you're just trying to play it, then, in the past, when I've experienced these kinds of synchronisation problems, it's been because the dl doesn't have the right codec.

Finding out which codec you need is a bit trial and error. But here are a couple of sites which worked for me:

Defiler Pak

K-Lite Mega Codec Pak

G Spot is a program that will scan your video and tell you what the missing codec is, cutting down your search time. I've found it to be a bit hit and miss - sometimes it comes up blank - but it's been useful enough in identifying missing codecs that it's worth a try.

Hope this helps. Other than this, all you can do is just keep dl and trying out various codecs (just Google codecs and you'll get plenty of hits) till you hit on the right one.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#228626 01/17/05 04:22 AM
M
metwin1 Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
M
The original codec is AP41. I've changed the codec to DIV3/4 after googling and reading up about AP41. However, the video and audio track is still not synchronised. I think I'm going to edit the video.

What program do you recommend?

twins
metwin1

#228627 01/17/05 04:52 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Metwin1, if you're asking me - sorry, as I said in the previous post, I know zip about editing videos. <g>

Sure there must be someone out there who does though.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#228628 01/18/05 03:58 PM
K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
K
Metwin, what are you going to do with the edited video? If you're hoping to burn to VCD/DVD, I'd suggest trying TMPGEnc; I used that to fix audio/video synch problems way back when I was doing L&C vcds. If you're hoping to keep a divx file, you might do better with something like VirtualDub. I don't have a lot of experience with Divx editing, but more knowledgeable people might be able to help you if they know what you're desired result is wink

Kaylle

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard