Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#228597 11/02/04 01:56 AM
Saskia Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
The computer I'm currently using the most had a lot of virusses and adware on it. I've finally managed to fix all that, and thought the computer was fine again. But now a new problem showed up and I have no idea how to fix that.

Every time I use Yahoo! Messenger, it keeps popping up internetsites, like I typed them in for the person I'm talking to to watch them. Now, the url's are unknown to me and if you open them, it makes you want to close it within 1 second (that bad contents). Of course, my friends open it too, and it's getting annyoing.

I can't find anything on the computer, Norton, Ad Aware and Spybot can't find anything either, and searching online hasn't helped me either. We have the most recent version of everything.

Does anyone know how to solve this or what it is?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Top Banana
Top Banana
Maybe you can try reinstalling yahoo messenger. U never know. It just might work wink

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
My sister had something like this a few months ago in her AOL IM program. It was spyware that was kind of insiduous -- i.e. AdAware and Spybot both couldn't find it and it isn't really a virus, so Norton couldn't find it. I can't remember how I found it and removed it -- but I remember I found a removal tool on the internet and had to go through that to remove it completely.

Sorry I can't help more, and I have no idea if this applies to Yahoo messanger, too.

- Laura

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Saskia Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I've finally got around to re-installing it, and so far, it looks as if the problem is gone now. But I haven't used Y!M all that much yet, so it's hard to say.

Thanks for the help anyway. And Laura, if you remember any names at all, let me know, because it sounds like it's the same problem. I'm convinced the stuff that did it is still on the computer. Ah well, as long as it's not bothering me, I'm fine with it. wink

Saskia smile

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard