Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#228169 07/11/03 12:45 AM
Vicki Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
This is totally OT, nothing to do with L&C, but I thought maybe someone here could help me. It sometimes happens that a webpage I really want to read has black print on a dark purple background, or white print on a pale yellow background or some other combination of low contrast colors. I can't read a thing!! Is there anything I can do to change at least the way my own monitor shows these colors? This is so annoying!

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#228170 07/11/03 01:43 AM
Kerth
Kerth
If you're with Netscape/Mozilla you should be able to do it like this.

Edit>Prefereces>Appearance>Colors

There choose the colors you'd like and mark the option that says:

"Use my chosen colors, ignoring the colors and backgroung image specified"

Or something like that versions could differ on that

I hope that helps, smile1

Jose wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#228171 07/11/03 04:00 AM
Vicki Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thank you, José!

I don't use Netscape/Mozilla, so it wasn't exactly the same. But your instructions were good enough that I was able to figure out what to do, and it worked! Thanks again!!! - Vicki

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#228172 07/11/03 07:33 AM
Kerth
Kerth
No problem!!! wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard