Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#227956 04/25/03 05:12 AM
Melisma Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Okay, since someone else asked a how-to question that has nothing to do with this board...

I was carrying a stack of books in my arms, tucked against my stomach, and there was a pen in one of the books, and it didn't have a cap on it - let's just say that there is a heavy blue ball-point ink line on one of my most useful white (cotton) turtleneck shirts. Since I'm plus-sized, and most Korean women are *extremely* petite, it's very hard for me to get clothes here that fit, so I *need* to get the mark out. (Read - I have an extremely limited wardrobe here, so I have to make the most use out of what I have. And it's *expensive* to have my mom always sending me clothes from Canada!)

What should I do???

Melisma (disgusted with herself, here under her Rock)

help help help

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
#227957 04/25/03 05:59 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Something that has worked for me every time is
"Reinigungsbenzin", I couldn`t find a translation so maybe somebody else here can translate this or even has a better advice?? confused

Anyway if nobody else is going to answer go into a dry-cleaner and ask. At least they should know what to do.

Hope this could help a little

sunshine hyper

A friend is somebody that knows everything about you and still likes you
#227958 04/25/03 06:16 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Taking out ink:

Try hair spray to loosen the stain, then laundry spot or spot treater to remove it.

If that doesn't work, try acetone (nail polish remover) BUT it may damage the cloth, so use cautiously.

Good luck!

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#227959 04/25/03 06:24 AM
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
And remember...blot, don't rub!

blush Sorry. I just had to get that in...

Anne >^,,^<

"I only know how to make four things, and this is the only one without chocolate." Lois Lane "All My I've Got a Crush on You 10/24/1993
#227960 04/25/03 06:57 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Thanks, Anne! Yes, that's very important.

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard