How do I add a picture to my post?
While composing your post, press the button that says "image", that brings up a screen where you can paste the URL where your image is located. It puts the URL between a set of brackets [IMG][/IMG]. Or you can type it in your post manually by typing:

[img]<image URL>[/img]

Please be very careful with spacing. There should be no spaces whatsoever in the URL or Tag. If you only see the URL and not the picture like so:

[img] http://www.lcficmbs.com/lcficmbs.jpg [/img]

this means that you need to take out the spaces on either side of the URL.

Is there a size limit for posting pics?
Not really, but please use common sense and keep them small enough so that a person using a 56k modem can load them quickly enough with no problems. Usually with a file size under 100k and not the image size of your monitor please. <g>

Avatars, the small pictures that show under a user's name, are different and are limited in size. They should not be any wider than 100 pixels and no taller than 100 pixels.

How do you know your picture's address (URL)?
First, it's not always the URL of the page where the picture is stored. A picture URL would end in something like .jpg, .gif, .tif or another graphics extension. To get that, right-click on the photo and select 'properties', then copy the URL which appears in the resulting dialogue box. That's what you paste between the img tags.

Can you post a picture which is on your hard drive?
No, the picture must be on the web somewhere. Right now there is no web site associated with lcficmbs.com, however if you have a picture on your hard drive, but no photo site, please email me: amciotola@lcficmbs.com. I can offer limited space on nfanfic.net for picture posting. Keep checking back as others have volunteered to do the same.

I posted my photo but all I can see is a red X in the box!
That happens either if the URL pasted between the img tags is wrong (eg a HTML extension rather than a .jpg one), or, sometimes, the site you're linking to doesn't support external linking - eg Geocities, Angelfire, and some other sites prevent pictures stored there being linked to from other sites.

Why can't I post more than 8 pictures or graemlins in one post?
This is a feature built into UBB. While it is something that can be changed within the code for these boards, it's not something easily done through its control panel. We also feel there would be no need to post more than the set limit. We need to keep the boards easily accessible to those who use dial up internet connection, by limiting the file and photo size, as well as how many photos can be used, it helps for faster loading.

Annette wink
Boards Chief Administrator

www.kerthawards.com
www.lcficmbs.com
www.folcvideo.com
www.nfanfic.net
www.annesplace.net

"There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America." Bill Clinton, inaugural address, January 21, 1993