Print Thread
#219775 12/25/08 01:38 AM
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
P-M Hedén is a Swedish photographer who specializes in photographing landscapes with a starry sky above. This is one of his lates landscape images, called Orion above the house. Orion is of course one of the most recognizable constellations in the heavens, and I like the way that bright reddish star Betelgeuse seems to sit on top of - well, more or less on top of - a tall spruce. How's that for a star at the top of the Christmas tree?

Orion above the house, or Christmas Star

Ann

#219776 12/25/08 06:53 AM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
That's beautiful, Ann. Thank you for sharing it. The image of the tree and the house with the star above them seems to warm a cold night.

On a related note, the Hubble advent calendar has twenty-five of the most stunning star images I've ever seen. I place this here to add to Ann's lovely image. There is no way I could post any of them here because they're simply too big. I hope y'all enjoy them.

Merry Christmas, FoLCs! May you receive all the joy and happiness you can possibly take in. And may the Savior touch your life this year.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#219777 12/26/08 05:55 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Both of you posted stunning photos. I love the shots from Hubble. The Spruce tree and star was so homey.

Hope everyone had a wonderful day.

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard