Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Columnist
Columnist
There was a blurb on our news tonight that Palin was speaking before State Governors and there is thought that she might make a run in 2012.

It will interesting to see what happens.

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Watching a 'Making of 24: Redemption' special [24: Redemption - 2 hour movie is on tonight].

There is a 'Madame President'...

Carol

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
And here she is...

President Allison Taylor [24]

[Linked Image]

She isn't Margaret Thatcher but she isn't Sarah Palin either... She has at least one grown son, but no other family members were shown [that I saw] on 24: Redemption last night. She certainly doesn't have small kids like Palin... The actress is 52 [her birthday was Nov 21] and is listed as 'President Elect' in the credits, but was inaugurated a few minutes before the end of the show - interesting given that 24 starts Jan 11 - 9 days before Obama's inauguration.

Carol

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Interesting, Carol.

She does look presidential to me.

Maybe, with fictional female presidents like her, America will get used to the idea of a Madam President!

Ann

Kerth
Kerth
Margaret Thatcher destroyed my career structure for fairly petty reasons (long boring story about the government of London and her hatred of Ken Livingstone which ends with there being no city-wide educational authority) so I'm a little biased, but I think it's fair to say that she's widely seen as one of the reasons why Britain has not subsequently had a female prime minister. Too many people have bad memories of her.

Re the presidency, I'd hope that any candidate will be elected on the issues and ability to govern, not gender or looks.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard