Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#218426 09/13/08 07:46 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
For political junkies of all persuasions -- I found a really cool interactive electoral map . It's looking at the combinations of states that will bring one side up to the necessary 270 electoral votes. The starting point is states that are "strong" or "likely" Dem are colored blue, those that are "strong" or "likely" Rep are colored red, based on current polls. The rest of the states are tan -- and you can click on them (one click makes it red, another makes it blue) and see how that changes the electoral odds. There's historical information, too, though I haven't looked much at that yet. But if you're the sort of person who wonders things like, can my side win even *without* carrying Pennsylvania, then you'll have fun with this.

PJ
which, this time of the cycle, stands for Political Junkie laugh

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#218427 09/13/08 07:54 AM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Oooo Very Cool!

Will have to check it out. My students have an extra credit option that includes answering a couple of questions about how the electoral college works and then predicting the outcome [EC and popular vote and which states break which way]. The student/s with the answers/predictions that are the most right gets 5 additional bonus points. It's not due until election day so they can have the most up to date predictions etc. Esp. if there's a late October surprise.

Thanks, PJ wink .

Carol

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard