Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#215610 03/04/08 04:38 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Mine is one that I made myself. smile

Late, one night, when I went on a crazy icon making binge and made about... oh? 30 of them? *giggles* This is still my fav one out of the lot, cause he's got the little curl on his forehead and that's so very, very Superman to me. hee! ...and I mean, you know... the *arms*!

I've considered changing it a few times, recently, but I can't think of anything I'd like more. (well, ok, there's this image of erm... you know... :cough:Batman:cough:) But I also associate people to their icons and that applies to myself as well, so I'd be a little lost and unable to find my own posts if I changed it, I think. LOL!

ETA: Karen, I asked my boyfriend about the SG1 ep, he says it's most definitely the one that Seth was in. He says it's likely that's even the name of the ep, Seth. wink

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#215611 03/04/08 05:21 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Thank you! I was thinking it was a bit earlier, season 1 or something. Seth makes a lot more sense, though.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#215612 03/05/08 12:46 AM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I think my avatar depices my personality perfectly.

Tank (who was glad that it was so simple for him)

#215613 03/05/08 01:30 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Mine is from the 30 LaraMoon made one day. I just love it and I cannot thank her enough for letting me steal it smile1

"Superman is what I can do. Clark is who I am."
#215614 03/05/08 04:27 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
When I first signed up here, and for a long time thereafter I had this as my avatar:

[Linked Image]

Which is the cover of Superman II, the Richard Donner cut.

I picked it because I absolutely looove Superman II, I love all the romance between Clark and Lois. Aside from that, I have this thing about watching Clark rip his shirt open to reveal the Superman shield when he's on his way to save someone. It gets to me every time and gives me shivers (in a good way, obviously). smile

What I have now is a picture of myself. I just thought it was a nice picture and I always think it's fun to see what other folcs look like, so I asked someone to crop the picture and shrink it for me, since I have no idea how since I've switched computers.

Thanks to Cat for my rockin' avatar!
++++
(About Lois & Clark)
Perry: Son, you just hit the bulls eye. It's like we're supporting characters in some TV show and it's only about them.
Jimmy: Yeah! It's like all we do is advance their plots.
Perry: To tell you the truth, I'm sick of it.
Jimmy: Man, me too!
#215615 03/05/08 04:46 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Since mine was the boring unoriginal avatar, I got inspired!

My new avatar is something that means a lot to me. It's Luke Skywalker from A New Hope when he's standing on Tatooine watching the twin suns set. While he's standing there, John Williams is directing the most beautiful piece of music I've ever heard. It's my favorite song of all time hands down. I can't even tell you how many times I've seen this movie but when that scene comes on, I'm almost moved to tears.

Luke is so naive at this point in his life. He's looking forward to the future and just wondering what his life is going to be like. He feels sort of hopeless about being stuck on Tatooine. This really speaks to me because I remember a time in my life when I had no direction also. I felt frustrated not knowing what I had in store for me but also very optimistic about what the future would hold. Luke learns that the world isn't as black & white as he thought and he struggles through many trials. But in the end, he's a wiser person because of it.

This just speaks to me on so many levels. I imagine this will be my avatar for quite sometime. It's also my wallpaper on my PC. laugh

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
#215616 03/05/08 05:53 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
hmm ... why's my avatar not visible? confused

edit: ok, it's back ... [Linked Image]

"Superman is what I can do. Clark is who I am."
#215617 03/05/08 12:58 PM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Stephnachia, you had me so confused when you said Lois looked so sexy and all I could see was Luke. dizzy

I never picked an avatar because I'm not a visual person. If I had to pick something for myself it would probably be a musical theme (along the lines of Peter and the Wolf or Dr. Zhivago.) I messed around with something awhile ago, but I never got it looking the way that I wanted.

I must say, though, that I do associate other people with their avatars. Women who have men on their avatars and vice versa can throw me off for a second or two. I don't tend to remember what a person's avatar is without looking--did I mention that I'm not very visual?--but there are a few exceptions. Nan's avatar has such a cheesy-faced picture of Teri Hatcher that I have to remind myself every once in awhile that it's not a picture of Nan herself. (I never confuse Labby with her avatar or Paul with his. laugh )

Elisabeth
who also has never gotten around to adding a signature, although on Zoom's board it says,

"That's because Lance Hunt is Captain Amazing!"
"Don't start that again! Lance Hunt wears glasses; Captain Amazing doesn't wear glasses."
"He takes them off when he transforms."
"That doesn't make any sense. He wouldn't be able to see."

#215618 03/06/08 08:12 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
When I first signed up for the boards I used this avatar:
[Linked Image]
This is from my first love. Manga (Japanese Comics). The name of the manga is Parfait Tic and the character is Fuuko. ^__^

Then around Christmas I changed to this:
[Linked Image]
This is the avatar that Mod's use on the Blizzard forums. I thought it was just to cute. ^_^

My current avatar is from the anime Bleach. I adore two of the characters (Ichigo and Rukia) and am hopelessly attached to them getting together romantically.

Basically... my avatar changes depending on my current obsession. goofy

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
#215619 03/06/08 01:04 PM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I don't see much hope for your avatars JoJo. Ichigo can't reach bankai and Rukia is going to be executed. Not a big romantic future there.

Tank (who personally finds Saia much cuter)

#215620 03/06/08 01:30 PM
T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
Mine I picked because of my preference on the issue. And because I think it's very pretty. Manip by someone else.

#215621 03/06/08 06:48 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
My avatar is from one of my favorite romantic scenes. It always makes me so teary eyed when Lois tells Clark (Superman) that he is no longer alone.

What girl wouldn't want to be swept away and flown up into the clouds?!? love

#215622 03/07/08 03:28 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Originally posted by Tank:
I don't see much hope for your avatars JoJo. Ichigo can't reach bankai and Rukia is going to be executed. Not a big romantic future there.

Don't forget, Adult Swim is about 100 episodes back from the japanese schedule, so we don't know what's going to happen. But at least we've got new episodes again! smile1

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#215623 03/07/08 06:40 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana

I know the secrets to the future and am current with the latest issue of the manga in Japan. (And the anime... but it is behind the current manga arc) Ohohoho! But you guys are in for a treat for the next few episodes.

~Jojo, who honestly believes there will be no resolution for the romantics out there since this manga isn't about romance but about strength and overcoming great obstacles. One can hope though... one can hope...

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
#215624 03/20/08 01:25 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
It took me a while to adjust to Labby's doggie avatar. laugh

I went to one of those sites that helped me combine pictures so I could have a rotating avatar. I picked the one of CK because it was the first avatar I had (I had difficulty letting go of it). Also, I think he looks totally awesome there (love the colour too). I picked a picture of me b/c I thought why not and the last one is just one that makes me think of fun stuff. Not a very detailed explanation. I'm not very good with changing my avatar more often because I associate it with myself.

I used to have one of LL and CK sitting on the couch and she's leaning her head on him. I had it for a little while, but then reverted back to my first one. I liked that one b/c it was from one of my favourite episodes (Witness?) and I enjoy the feeling of happiness and waffiness when I saw that avatar. I want to encorporate it into my rotating avatar if I ever get around to it.

I think I used to change it for certain holiday seasons, but no longer.

(Oooooh now I remember the one where LL & CK are floating up to infront of the moon...I love that one too. I had it for a year (?), but I need my man in spandex showing the S.)

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
#215625 03/20/08 01:39 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer

I made mine quite awhile ago, and I liked it a bit so I stuck with it. I thought about changing it after awhile, but then people would probably get confused... Lesigh!

But I know what you mean about knowing who someone is just by their avatar laugh

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
#215626 03/20/08 05:39 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Tank wrote:

I'd ask for an explanation, but I really don't want to know. (Same thing I tell my daughter when she starts telling me about "Death Note." Never works, though; she still explains it to me.)

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#215627 03/21/08 06:34 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
My avatar is based on my login name, Shimauma, which is Japanese for Striped Horse(Zebra) but there's actually a "six degrees of separation" kind of bent to it. See, Dean Cain used to have a fantasy football team called Japanese Steel, which I believe I first heard termed in Kill Bill with Uma Therman. Uma is the Japanese word for horse and Dean was born in the year of the horse.

more complicated that it's worth isn't it? goofy

TEEEEEJ

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard